COVID 19

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not sure when my wife and I will get it but our kids might be a part of the trials coming up. The sooner we can get it the better. Sounds like even Johnson & Johnson's 70%+ success rate for a single shot would be better than nothing with no deaths or hospital stays associated with at least getting it. We have a couple of medical friends that have gotten theirs and keeping us posted.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my first one yesterday arm a little sore but so far everything else seems normal

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Two people very close to my family have come down with Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) after having the shot. One, a 21 year-old female is still in the hospital. The other, a 45 year-old male is just getting back to work, a week in the hospital, the left side of his body went numb, 2 weeks at home and two weeks light duty, he still has a numb foot and a numb hand. Luckily, the company he works for turned it over to work-comp because they made him get the shot. If you read up on the disease, the odds are pretty rare to get GBS, In general I'm a bit of a loner and don't know that many people, but two people close to me have come down with it. Of course, info on the relationship between the vaccine and GBS is scarce on the net, but the doctors and nurses treating the two people discussed above have been very vocal about the relationship. Food for thought!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It's pretty much an individual decision, at least until somebody starts requiring shot cards (no joke). I never got shots after the military until I turned 65; from that point on, I get 'em all. Flu, shingles, pneumonia, whatever my doc says. Kaiser couldn't come up with Covid shots yet, neither did the VA but our county did so I got in line. Even 95% or whatever sounded better than 0% to me. We are in kind of a hot spot, or so they say.

Like I said, nothing negative to report yet. I did have a flashback to my Army days when you walked a gauntlet and the guys with vaccination guns hammered you with everything at once. They didn't even ask politely, then they made us do pushups afterwards!!

I had the Moderna series, my wife had her first Pfizer today. I waited a couple of hours each time, my wife got through quickly. Jed might be on to something, these folks giving the shots here were very good and giving out hundreds of shots. I was impressed.

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My wife was sick for about 4 days after the first shot and second one didn't bother her.

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My nephew -who works in a hospital was made to take the shot--his gull bladder blew up-----lucky he is doing ok-----my wife and i will take our chances, anyway here in Michigan there aren't any around anyway--i think pedojoe and Gov. Hitler sent them to china-------One more thing, i was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago with Pneumonia, they kept testing me for covid 19 and had me stay several days--i think they were hoping for a false positive to add to the 'NEW' cases--i should have just got the antibiotics and gone home and recovered there--the hospitals around here i do not trust anymore, its sad but true--every case to them is covid related so they can get Govt. funds

Last edited:

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
We haven’t gotten or scheduled for it yet. We both had China virus first of January. Both of us had light symptoms - very lucky. My doctor told me to wait a while after having it.

Phil - didn’t know they gave the shots in church on Sundays. :confused

Fuzz

MAGA

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My wife, my mother (approaching 92), and I all had both shots without any side effects. As a cancer survivor with one lung, a wife with MS, and an aging Mom, I am thankful that we were able to get the vaccines, I feel I can live with a lot less worry.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
had the first shot, phizer. sore arm one day. get the second 3-11. jim