COVID 19

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fun fact! 99% of patients in Iowa with Covid-19 haven't gotten the vaccine according to the state of Iowa. My wife and I have had both shots and I had no symptoms. She felt like she got the flu for a few days. The average stay is 20 days in intensive care the average cost for Covid-19 is around $30,000. I'm thinking anyone who doesn't get the vaccine should be responsible for their medical costs. I had one aunt die from it and currently have a set of one year old twins in my family recovering from Covid-19 they picked up from day care. Both parents work from home and neither tested positive multiple times. I get that everyone has a choice whether they "live free or die" but at what point should the tax payers continue to pay for/subsidize the care of the population that doesn't get the vaccine?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well, we already subsidize people who don't get other "needed" shots, or maybe they drink or smoke or tweak or whatever....what's the difference? There are many kinds of risky behavior. Once you start excluding, I'm not sure where you would stop, or who gets to make those decisions?

I don't have an answer, just a question.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well, we already subsidize people who don't get other "needed" shots, or maybe they drink or smoke or tweak or whatever....what's the difference? There are many kinds of risky behavior. Once you start excluding, I'm not sure where you would stop, or who gets to make those decisions?

I don't have an answer, just a question.
That is my question too. I hear over and over that people need to pull themselves up from their own boot straps but the other stuff you mentioned isn't costing tax payers $30k per 20 day treatments per individual on average. For the 50 Iowa patients in the hospital now in for an average of 20 day treatment it will cost $1.5million over the next 20 days. How do we balance between people who don't want to get a vaccine and people who don't want big government to pay for their choice to not get the vaccine? When I read the State of Iowa statistics today I had a good laugh.

bobs409

Administrator
It's not always who "wants" to get one or not. I simply do NOT trust my government or that FOOL fauchi!! I especially don't trust some untested, rushed concoction that might end up killing me 2 years from now! Everyone is saying they had the shot(s) and are fine. Are you? :rub

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Fun fact! 99% of patients in Iowa with Covid-19 haven't gotten the vaccine according to the state of Iowa. My wife and I have had both shots and I had no symptoms. She felt like she got the flu for a few days. The average stay is 20 days in intensive care the average cost for Covid-19 is around $30,000. I'm thinking anyone who doesn't get the vaccine should be responsible for their medical costs. I had one aunt die from it and currently have a set of one year old twins in my family recovering from Covid-19 they picked up from day care. Both parents work from home and neither tested positive multiple times. I get that everyone has a choice whether they "live free or die" but at what point should the tax payers continue to pay for/subsidize the care of the population that doesn't get the vaccine?

Ok, how about fat people, smokers, people with high blood pressure, and other people that don't take care of themselves paying for their own health care? That's only fair, they have a choice in their lifestyle. The percentage of chance of dying from one of those is much higher than dying from covid. If they had taken care of themselves covid wouldn't be so much of an issue with these people. We all make choices. One of mine is not putting much stock in statistics.

Last edited:

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok, how about fat people, smokers, people with high blood pressure, and other people that don't take care of themselves paying for their own health care? That's only fair, they have a choice in their lifestyle. The percentage of chance of dying from one of those is much higher than dying from covid. If they had taken care of themselves covid wouldn't be so much of an issue with these people. We all make choices. One of mine is not putting much stock in statistics.
Did you have to bring up fat people:eat

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There is personal choices and choices that have a direct and deadly impact on the rest of the population. Last night a lady wanted on multiple warrants ran from the DesMoines police and of coarse smashed into a bunch of innocent bystanders killing one of them. The direct correlation is she ran from the police (avoided the vaccine) and her personal choice to run wild (not to get vaccinated) injured some and killed one. The non-vaccinated will continue to stoke the covid fire among themselves until they kill off all of the ones in their ranks that are not able to fight off covid. Its a lottery amung the non-vaccinated where some will live and some will die.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It's not always who "wants" to get one or not. I simply do NOT trust my government or that FOOL fauchi!! I especially don't trust some untested, rushed concoction that might end up killing me 2 years from now! Everyone is saying they had the shot(s) and are fine. Are you? :rub
How this will affect us all is a huge question. Like everything else, 10, 20, 30 years from now we will find out they pumped us full of liquid asbestos or refined Agent Orange.

bobs409

Administrator
Well I thought that IF a certain amount of people were vaccinated, it would be enough to stomp out this virus? See, this is exactly why (one reason) why I would never trust these people. They talk out of both sides of their mouths. First no mask was needed as it wouldn't help. Then it would help, then 2 of them would be even better! What a load of hogwash!

That con artist fauchi will say whatever they want him to say. He's been paid for like the rest!

Supposedly those that are fully vaccinated here can now go into stores, etc without a mask. So just how is anyone to know who is vaccinated? That's the way government runs things. Laughable! It's been handled by clowns from the beginning.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That’s why there is insurance! Tax payers don’t help me at all, I pay my own way! Even though I didn’t get to keep my plan or my doctor as promised or told by the golden Negro!!! And yes his decisions made my prices for my insurance a lot higher than they should be but I still pay them.:dunno2 Personally I would like the government to stop taking care of people and stay out of peoples personal issues and let the insurance be private between the patient and the doctor. And put a price board in all offices that tells you how much the procedure is before you do it so you can shop around for the best price. This would take care of all of our insurance fraud from the insurance industry. I know that they charge more because the insurance will pay it which makes your premium go up. The government can’t do anything efficient and I wish they would stop stealing my hard earned money to give it out to people that they think deserve it, I worked for it I’m the one that deserves it!

Last edited:

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
get ready, here is my thought on the shot. i got the fizzer shots. one i am a smoker, and i had a mi when i was 39 and lost my front
artery. also i believe there will be covid type passport sooner or later, especially the private industry. i put tape on my card and put
it in my wallet. now i believe it is up to each person and their doc. i could care less. infact my daughter and her kids have not gotten
their shots. what pisses me off, is , if these experimental shots are so good why do i have to wear a mask? i heard 4 yankee ball
players are covid positive and they were given shots. i believe the gov 't wants to keep control on use both parties. jim