2023!! 348/409 June 2-3rd Kuhnle motorsports park ( formerly Thompson)

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not at first Barry. Luckily there were lots of practice runs on Friday. Went out of Gamblers Race first round...car running like crap. Had a wiring problem with fuel pump...Brian crawled under rear and found that. Have suspension problems. Need more pre-load on the rear coils. Sets high right rear. Had a miss as higher RPM's last year. Put in different plugs...nope.....Changed wires, cap, and rotor...Nope....Put in a used set of plugs that looked good and set them at 35 instead of 40....did the trick...ran good miss gone...good idea Ray.

Checked tires Saturday AM...right front 20 PSI...was 45 day before. Found a little friggin hose clamp in it. Brian had a plug kit and repaired that for me. Next round checked again....low...some Dude laid the clamp down in front of the tire after he pulled it out the first time and it was stuck in tire again 2 inches away from first time, another plug......won't mention any names on that one.....:facepalm:crazy:crazyFUGATE EVENING THE PLAYING FIELD.... :flagEDIT....found out that wasn't true.

thumbnail (4).jpg

Last edited:

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I blew out 2 trailer tires on the way to the track. I did bring 2 spares. Also got to buy 2 more new tires. I found Goodyear has some killer trailer tires. Checking to see if they still make them. Ultra steel? Anyone use them? I had a new set of USA made Goodyears on the other trailer but left it at home.
Bob

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Deer Story

So we left several of our racers close to dark Saturday night at the track. thumbnail (2).jpg They were Bs'ing around the campfire. On the way out the gate we saw a warm looking campfire with these folks around it. Tonto posing with his new friends :cool: :cool: After an hour or so we went back to our racing group for a bit. We finally left and got a few miles away and I saw a big doe coming out of the ditch to my left. Hit the brakes hard with the trailer behind. Hit her squarely across the front....hard. I figured plastic all over and the radiator trashed. Got out to look in the dark and didn't see much so drove up a quarter mile to some lights at a stop sign. Couldn't believe it...no damage...Lucked out for sure. Anyhow another good time with good friends.

Also need to thank Bryan for the poached smoked trout....good stuff, had some tonight.

Last edited: