Hot Rod Reunion

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nobody was by their cars, the guy with the real nice origanal red bubble was talking to someone and when I went back he was gone, there was alot of show cars there and just as many if not more race cars. Real nice venue, seats and bleachers have roof overhead and everybody is close to the track.

Steve

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
OOOOH YA!!!! finally got in touch with Mike and his wife Diane, Great people, talked like we had known each other for years, showed me his 58 and even left me a picture for my wall. between the hot rod reunion and the Chattanooga trip, makes me even more ready for the Great Bend trip, I didn't get to make it to the track until Sat, but my JB weld held for the Friday night trip to BG and we hit a couple of car shows more of ya'll need to make the trip next year it is awesome.
I think Mike is hooked .....hope so........... I'm glad Steve got some good pictures wish I could have got over to meet him too but maybe next year

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm glad ya'll had a good time. Sure looks like it was a lot of fun. Hopefully Shannon and I can make it up next summer.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Next year im gonna take more time off and get a room closer. Would be nice to have a group there, kinda keep a eye on each others rides. And I bet you know where some good hole in the wall places to eat are Martin.

Steve

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
If you stay in Franklin, KY its about a 20 mile ride to Bowling green right up I-65 and it would be nice to go to the park and just have a quiet little cookout with everyone after the track, there are car shows and all kinds of places to eat starting Thursday night

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Steve (64chevydude),
Are you planning to go to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY. this year?
If you are what are the dates and do they have a car show area beside the racing.
As I have a high school friend that lives in Nashville that may drive up.
Also will be staying at a bed & breakfast just north off of 65.
Just so happens the person that owns the b & b is a veteran I've talked to on my army internet sites. He also is the Corrette Museum Executive Director.
Just need to know what dates in June the reunion is on, so I can plan everything.

Dave Krueger (royaloak62)

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Dave check out the thread HOT ROD REUNION 2015 we have about 12-15 guys that are planning on going this year it should be a blast there is a car show we are planning a get together on Thursday, a car show on Fiday, check that thread and plan on getting together with the rest of us it'll be FUN!!!!!!:wax.................................:burnout

Martin

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Dave, the wife and I are leaving early fri, making it a 3 day weekend because we're going to Maryland the next weekend. Just gonna fly down in the camaro then hit the back roads on the way home. The old ram has been acting up, so I'm hesitant about pulling that far.
Hey Martin were the show fri night?

Steve

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Steve you are about 1 mile from the car show and about 2 miles from where everyone will end up and get crazy, burnouts on the street and last year they had a flame throwing something out on the street the cops look the other way, they line the street up and there are so many people when I went thru there last year I was worried my car would hit somebody on my burnout, they are crazy

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Martin, If we bring a car to the show, will they have an area where it can stay the night with security; instead of driving it back to the hotel? I'd like to leave it at the show and drive the pick up around.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Mearl if you are talking about leaving your car at the HOT ROD REUNION (Beech Bend Raceway) yes there is security there, but if you are talking about the local car show Friday night No, But as far as riding around If you are staying close to Steve and Mike you are only about 2-3 miles from everything and most people will be at the Local car show about a mile from Drury Inn, and then everyone will head over to the convention center, maybe 1 mile further down the road, everyone stays pretty close to this area

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Also everyone remember.................. the dates this year are June 18, 19, and 20

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So what time does the Hot Rod Reunion start time wise on the 18th.
It's a 7 1/2 hours from Detroit drive and I'll have to unload my trailer.
Is it best to come in on the 17th late?
I hope to get a high school friend to come up from Nashville, but I'm not sure what day or days he'll come.
The other question is how are the spaces assigned for the no-racing cars for the car show.
I'd like to buy the tickets & have my lodging taken care of next week.

Dave

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dave, you go to the Woodward Ave. Cruise, it's the same Circus moved South. :crazy :flag :drums :laugh It's a very good time had by all. :dance :clap

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Dave check out the thread titled........... Bowling Green, KY. Hot Rod Reunion 2015........ all the information is in the thread, there will be people coming in all week they will let you got to the track wed. night........... get your tickets early to save a little money