Speed Port 7000

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thank you guys.
Tom, forgive me, but I'm not exactly clear on what you meant, but here is a couple of shots from a few years ago, basically still looks the same. The dash was moulded off the Dan Gurney car. I'll forward more shots of the 4 barrel after the install.
Models916, I think the SP 7000 will make more power. I'll keep you posted:brow My wife has shown me how to finally upload photos properly:). No non photo excuses now:D. Winner of the dyo drag challenge shoot out trophy. The trailer shot was a bit of tongue and cheek with my mates before the drag challenge:crazy.......................... The shots of the dash are when I was running Richmond 5 speed with Hurst V gate.
DC8.jpg dc7.jpg DSC02747.JPG DSC02746.JPG

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carl,
Your 62 is stunning. I love it. Always have.
Looking at your image of the interior, and the right side driving position (I knew it was a right side drive, but actually seeing it) really screws me up !
I think about driving & shifting a right hand like that, and , wow, would that get interesting !
Speed / power shifting, holy crap !

Beautiful car !

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Great car Carl, and I guess you Aussies are born with the shifter in your left hand, but I think that would be a pain in the drain for me!!!!!!!!! Good Job!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie

I am going to have a real time trying to get used to LH steer and RH shift in the 61 coz everything else i have ever owned is either auto or manual but RHD
And then it is a Tremec to boot... will see how it works

Steve

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Grub's right Steve, you'll be OK mate :D. I've driven a couple of left hand drive cars over here, the only thing I found to watch out for was overtaking on a two lane road:scratch.

Hoping to get out to the track soon for a T&T.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes Randy, with the SP 7000. I have a lot of data regarding what the car ran with the cross ram. We will run the same engine timing etc. and will be able to compare conditions and performance pretty accurately. Time is an issue and it would very be difficult for me to do a same day back to back, this will be the best I can do. Keep in mind that this is a bracket car and I'm not allowed to run under 10.00 with my ANDRA tech, so we will see how she goes. Carb choice will be interesting:rub, I might leave that cat in the bag until she is dialed in:brow.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes Randy, with the SP 7000. I have a lot of data regarding what the car ran with the cross ram. We will run the same engine timing etc. and will be able to compare conditions and performance pretty accurately. Time is an issue and it would very be difficult for me to do a same day back to back, this will be the best I can do. Keep in mind that this is a bracket car and I'm not allowed to run under 10.00 with my ANDRA tech, so we will see how she goes. Carb choice will be interesting:rub, I might leave that cat in the bag until she is dialed in:brow.
Cool. I have a special interest, as I also have a SP7000. Not on the car yet.

64$$ Nightmare409

Anyone hear of Aubreys new sp castings supposed to have the corrected ports? I'm still on the fence deciding on an intake setup wanting a single 4 setup.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The one Aubrey sent me recently is supposed to have the new port design.

Maybe he has / will have another one listed on E-Bay.