Cars

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Wonder what the reasoning behind the primary carb on the rear is?
.....that is the correct position ........front 2 barrels of the primary carb in that position feed all 8 cylinders.....
rear of primary and all barrels on the secondary (front) carb are not utilized for normal driving as those positions
only feed certain cylinders.........but when you put your foot down........every barrel comes to the party......:crazy

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks for straightening me out BJ. Now that I am thinking correctly, that's how my dual quad is set up. Don't know why I thought the front was supposed to be the primary carb. :doh:facepalm

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That appears to be Dyno's 61 Impala so the car couldn't be more than a year or so old, how did the firewall get so crapy looking in such a short time.
......suspect that is a customer car off the street...:cool:...no 2 fours in 61 so it is definitely a day 2 car and Dyno Don
would never allow his own cars to be that dirty........:facepalm

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
BJ,
I think Dyno was one of the guys that got the 2x4 service package in June of 61. The car in the picture has a firewall that could only be a 61 or 62 , that wiper motor could be a 61 or 62 but that is a 61 brake master cylinder, that's why I think it is a 61

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
BJ,
I think Dyno was one of the guys that got the 2x4 service package in June of 61. The car in the picture has a firewall that could only be a 61 or 62 , that wiper motor could be a 61 or 62 but that is a 61 brake master cylinder, that's why I think it is a 61
...hey Tommy.....it has to be a 61 with those fender ornaments...:read...the ones that rip skin as you pass over them....OUCH!!.......:confused

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
13164437_201299576929962_7668579746282040787_n.jpg
:bow

Gav

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ole good Lord Gav...............Lonnie will go into cardiac arrest when he sees this picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!