Late Great Chevys monthly publications No More?

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A sign of the times I suppose.
Was a lifetime member #2422 of Late Great Chevy since the the 80's. Part of that membership included a monthly publication.
Later, LGC was absorbed by Classic Chevy diluting the monthly publication to an online format.
Eklers now (or whenever) absorbed Classic Chevy and "poof" the Classic Chevy online publication appears has now gone by the wayside.

Called Eklers and apparently they confirmed that this program is no more. Mainly since the rep knew nothing about the program I described.
If anyone still has access, it could be simply my account would then need to updated.
Not a bad run though... Decades of free mags way under any annual subscription program.
Tons of great info.

Last edited:

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I to was a late great member since the early 80s enjoyed the monthly magazine went to three of their national/ reginal meets took a car to two of them but when they sold out to eklers they seem to have little interest in the late great group i stayed with them foe a couple of years and they just quit sending me any info about renewing they just went away i never knew the monthly publication was an online format. My number was 4403

Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Been a long time since this was posted! Thought some of the newer members might like it! Ronnie’s first 409 car a 63ss with a truck motor he rebuilt and a 61 that he put together for his son Don! Well, Ronnie soon figured out Don didn’t share Ronnies Need for Speed and the motor and trans. was removedand the car sold as a roller to a fella in Dallas who put a big block in it. The motor was sold to my friend Roger and it still resides in his 67 El Camino SS today!IMG_1089.jpegIMG_1088.jpeg

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Recognizing the change during the "Classic Chevy" era having no means to download issues, I knew this would someday be the end game.
But I didn't suspect it so soon. No matter. Got to give credence to Danny Howell and team for doing what they did when they did.

All said, I suppose I feel sadly for those who were featured during that latter online "Classic Chevy" period.
Imagine having your treasured project getting featured during that period only to now be hovering somewhere aimlessly within cyberspace with no known access honoring their achievements. :grumble

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
I became a member in the mid 80s while a teenager. I learned so much about our cars well before I was able to drive. I think my subscription ran out in the early 2000s. I still have all my magazines in the attic.
I actually bought another set from a widow who was going to throw them all away. Paid her $200 for 4 milk crates full of them. Same ones I already have, just didn't want to see them in the trash.
I always loved the tech articles. That was the way I learned how to restore my old 61 as a kid before we had YouTube and the internet.
We should reproduce the Late Great Chevy window stickers. I would love to have one on my 63.
Paul

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I joined in 1986 when I restored my very first 62 Chevy SS Convertible, Coronna Cream, 283 Ci, all numbers matching. Had to pay the the guy
$ 2,500. and drove it home from NJ, to Pa. Blew a front brake hose on the way home, plugged the hose with a nail, and drove the rest of the way with a three wheel brake system. Had the honor to have the car featured in LGC June 1990 issue of the magazine "Pocono Mountain 62 SS Ragtop" I was on top of the world. Attended many of the Late Great conventions through the years, and later joined the East Penn Club out of Allentown. Still have all of the publications , and referred to them from time to time when restoring a few more 62's. Those were great years....

DreamChevy64

Well Known Member
Been a long time since this was posted! Thought some of the newer members might like it! Ronnie’s first 409 car a 63ss with a truck motor he rebuilt and a 61 that he put together for his son Don! Well, Ronnie soon figured out Don didn’t share Ronnies Need for Speed and the motor and trans. was removedand the car sold as a roller to a fella in Dallas who put a big block in it. The motor was sold to my friend Roger and it still resides in his 67 El Camino SS today!View attachment 139742View attachment 139743
Do you recall any issues that detail 1964 Impalas? (Month/ year / volume #) Thank you in advance.

Reactions: 327

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No not really! I started driving at a very young age and got turned loose with some really potent cars until I screwed up!Then i was put in the slowest car on my Dads used car lot for awhile! In 1966 i did get to drive a 64 SS 409-425 horse for a couple of days and that was a good running car. Was dark blue with the light blue interior! For awhile my daily driver was a 64 biscayne 2dr. x constables car. with a 300 horse 327 and 3 on the tree! Dad had a mechanic friend that wanted to swap the 340 horse 409 in his wifes car for the 327. When the swap was done i got the car back! Had a lot of fun with that one! I know this is not what you were asking for really but it’s all i got!