Intake single 4 barrel

61 belair

Question guys I have a 348 and I’m putting some stock 817 heads on it but my stock 348 ports are smaller could someone recommend a good intake for this I’m just not that familiar with the port size differences in the w engines , but learning a lot from all you guys, thanks in advance!!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Do you have a intake now?
They made small port heads, large port and then the Z11 stuff.
The large port heads would be the 690 and 583 heads.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Just use the Lo-Po 409 340hp intake, just about the best cast iron 4bbl intake ever made for the W-engine, well except for the tri-power one.
You can use an adapter plate on the 340hp one and run a Holley if you like or a good 750 Eddy or Carter carburetor.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Can't beat the flow of a new Edelbrock small port intake unless you want to try a Canadian flavored single plane intake which may hold the best flow to this point. I'm personally on a journey to create (for the masses) 3D printed intakes for just these engines to begin with. Once production has started on these then we will switch to other odd ball engine makes. My first single plane medium rise intake has already run my 348 stroker 434ci. It currently has 690 large port heads but the idea from day one is make small ports because there are so few new choices. You either go Edelbrock or find vintage. Making one from scratch is pretty labor intensive. We fired up the first W motor engine with a 3D printed intake last year and have been working as fast as we can with day jobs to get these ready to print for everyone who wants one.
Don't wait for me to get these 3D Carbon Fiber Nylon intakes ready for everyone, get out and have fun now. And yes we had to blow it up after it ran because if we didn't then someone else would and not be happy. Pop-off plate like a blower is an easy fix for anyone that may have a backfire.