1886 winchester

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I am looking for a 1886 Winchester. Anybody have one? Just thought I would ask. New or old versions considered. Thanks! Brian

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I've looked on gunbroker. I would like a 26 octogon, takedown, pistol grip, checkered, full mag, 45-70, possibly some engraving. I am open to originals and new production guns. It all depends on the gun and options. If it isn't a lever action, it's not a gun. All my guns go hunting, not wall hangers. I just got a '93 Marlin with an extremely low serial number 1xxx. Nice original gun. 1922-23 production. If I still have it the middle of the month, it's coming hunting this year. I have a soft spot for early Winchesters and Marlins. Don't forget the 99 Savages either!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12

My uncle had a origional Winchester 73 when i was a kid, he even let me deer hunt with it. He was killed in a cycle wreck and the gun went away (think his brother got it) When the movie Winchester 73 came out in the 50s, the old Paramount Theater, in Austin, Texas displayed his rifle to avertise the move with Jimmy Stewart.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
That is a piece of history, gun and story! Even my shotguns are Winchester lever actions.