1932 Ford Build

roger c

Well Known Member
A 1932 Ford fiberglass car I am currently building.
Here we are on the way home with two glass bodies, one sedan & one roadster. This was the last week in March of this year. Been working on it about 6 weeks now.

6.jpg

And here is my sedan at home in the back yard.

11.jpg

Here I have it hanging upside down in my garage, measuring for the frame.

Image3.jpg

This is the rear end I'm using.

Image4.jpg

And the front end.

Image5.jpg

This is the engine & tranny I built for it.

Image6.jpg

I'm going with a quarter elliptical rear suspension, these are the springs I made up out of S10 springs.

springs.jpg

Here are a few pics of the frame I built for it.

Image107.jpg

Iimage102.jpg

Image103.jpg

Image105.jpg

Getting ready to sit the body on the frame for the 1st time.

Image108.jpg

Image106.jpg

Body on the frame.

Image109.jpg

Image111.jpg

Image113.jpg

Engine & trans are in place & ready to make up mounts.

eininein.jpg

I now have the body back off the frame, the front end installed, more frame structure installed and read to finish weld up the frame. I will post more pics soon.

bobs409

Administrator
Neato! Would be cool to do something like this. Do they have any 41 Willy's bodies? :deal

You did all that in 6 weeks? If so, your making me look slow. :D

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That quarter elliptical rear suspension works great but its a bit of a bitch to route E-brake cables. Looks great..,:brow

roger c

Well Known Member
Thanks for the replies guys, I am building this car on a strict budget. I want to be driving it for under 10K. The quarter eliptic rear springs are a new thing for me, but it was cheap. The engine is just an old 350 core I had that I put rings, inserts & mains in with an old Mellings cam. After I get it driving, eventually I would like to use this car for a Nostalgic Drag car. We have several local Nostalgic drags here in Texas. At that time I will allocate another 5K for an engine & third member. I would like to turn a 1/8 mile in the low 8's or high 7's.

Here is a few pics of the frame as of yesterday evening. I need to finish the left front shock mount, radiator mount, pull the engine, rear end & front end and finish welding up the frame. Hopefully I won't have to pull the body again more than 2 or 3 more times.

f001.JPG

f002.JPG

f003.JPG

f004.JPG

f005.JPG

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
You were BRAGGING at Quaker Steak & Lube. I remember Alan's face when you said you could use your rocket for a kickstand !!:doh

:crazy:dance:cheers