1959 Biscayne Interior

de31168

Well Known Member
Hi everyone, in the process of redoing my car, I have had little luck finding an interior kit. Does anyone know if there is such a thing out there or who might make it? Thanks

de31168

Well Known Member
Nope, they don't. Only Impala stuff for 1959. But they do have anything and everything for any other year.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nope, they don't. Only Impala stuff for 1959. But they do have anything and everything for any other year.
Did you talk to Larry at the upholstery division in Tempe, Az? He makes all their kits and if he has the right materials, I'm pretty sure he can make them. Probably not that much market for them or they may not have a good original for patterns.:dunno

de31168

Well Known Member
I'm not sure whom it was I spoke to. I called the 800 number and they transfered me to the sales department. The salesperson said that they do not currently make them, and could not say if they ever planned on making them. He seemed kind of surprised I asked. His first question was, don't you want to upgrade to an Impala interior? Obviously I don't. I don't really want to spend the 1,500 bucks I was quoted on an Impala one either. For that kind of money, it better be right!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What I did !!!

I was able to purchase enough NOS fabric from C.A.R.S. (then Ciadella's) and then had a local shop do all the work and upgrades I wanted. This was for a 62 BelAir, but then told me they had lots of other fabrics. Might be worth a try to talk with them. :dunno

de31168

Well Known Member
Classic Industries (in California) should have it.

I take back what I said earlier, I did talk to Classic, they get their interiors from the same place C.A.R.S. does is what the man told me on the phone. It was unavailable, but he did send me a nice catalog as a parting gift.