1959 Chevy Windshields

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
I need a decent windshield for a '59 El Camino.

Currently there are a couple listed on eBay for Impala/Convertible and for 2-door/4-door sedans. I contacted the seller and was told that these windows will not fit an El Camino and they don't have any that will.

Does anyone know why these won't fit? Will station wagon or sedan delivery windshields fit?

Anyone know where to find one?

Thanks,
Jack

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
Thanks for all the help.

I found another place right here in Oregon that claims to have the glass I need. It's 'Bob's Classic Auto Glass' located in Blachly, Oregon (near Eugene). If anyone is interested they have a toll free number 800-624-2130 or can be emailed at classicglass@peak.org.

Thanks again,

Jack

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for all the help.

I found another place right here in Oregon that claims to have the glass I need. It's 'Bob's Classic Auto Glass' located in Blachly, Oregon (near Eugene). If anyone is interested they have a toll free number 800-624-2130 or can be emailed at classicglass@peak.org.

Thanks again,

Jack
The sedans and ElCaminos use the same windshield, DW567, the hardtops and convrts use the same DW566. I happen to sell glass locally also have new rear glass for ElCo's. If you can get it locally do so, otherwise they have to go truck freight about $100 for shipping.

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
The sedans and ElCaminos use the same windshield, DW567, the hardtops and convrts use the same DW566. I happen to sell glass locally also have new rear glass for ElCo's. If you can get it locally do so, otherwise they have to go truck freight about $100 for shipping.

Thanks for this info. I've ordered the glass now and the fellow confirmed the DW567 number.

Now get this - I told him about the site here and that I mentioned his company in a posting ... he sold me the glass for $405 plus $20 shipping cost ( added cost to previous shipment). I should be able to pick it up in 10 days.

Way cool!

Jack