1959 Kingswood 348

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Okay,what's the little brass fitting in the number 8 intake runner for,vac.advance?

That's where you hook up the NOS Don.:D My Brother had a 355 that he ran in his Late Model stockcar and it was plumbed for NOS so he could run with the top dogs and their high dollar big cube smallblocks you really had to know what you were looking for all the lines were plumbed under the intake it was hid pretty good.

Mark

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Who did your grill ? is it reanodized ? Approx how much to redo it ?
I am looking for a good company to do seat shells and some 62 grills and maybe 62 hood lip moldings
that has fair prices.
Paul

ragtp66

Well Known Member
That nipple was used for an automatic the vacuum modulator hose would go there. You can just plug it with manual trans. Vac advance goes to base of carb on passenger side on 4bl. Rear port on back of carb is either for power brakes which it looks like your runinng manual brakes, also the washer bottle hose connects there also.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I am looking for a good company to do seat shells and some 62 grills and maybe 62 hood lip moldings
that has fair prices.
Paul
Paul Dave Kosman does anodizing but I don't think he is cheap, everyone that has had him do their parts has said it was worth the money spent if your looking for QUALITY. https://www.trimrestoration.com/

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Great, Dave was is the guy who did all of my trim over the years.
I was not sure he was still doing it.
thanks...for the link -I have an old link to him that did not work.
Paul

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
that has fair prices.
Paul

Yes Paul, Dave did mine although he did say that this is most likely his last 59 grill he will do. He is a pilot so restoring aluminum is done on the side and plan on a few months or longer and best to text or call him 208-2509755