1959 Trim tag Decode help

fsc66

Well Known Member
Can someone assist with the decoding of the attached trim tag please? I have the 809 trim code and also the 989 two-tone paint codes, also OK with the style 59-1837, body KC but don't know what the 1A or the 6A represent?

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• Trim tag.JPG
    Trim tag.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 32

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There should be a stamped build date (maybe stamped on top of other letters) above the Style and KC -in number(s) and one letter -it looks like a very early Kansas City GM plant 59 -with the low body number. I can't help with the lower numbers.
Paul

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
809 is grey cloth/vinyl
989 is Cameo Coral upper with Satin Beige below

sorry can't help with 1A or 6A

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
ACC codes were different from different plants, many didn't use them either. Many codes have been noted and matched to what is on that car so a living library of sorts exists from one gearhead to the next.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks all thus far but still stuck on this. As info, the home page here that lists accessories has padded dash as either, C, CP, IP or PAD.
http://www.348-409.com/acc1.html

Paul

Does it have a padded dash?

I looked up the reason my brain remembered this as padded dash, on Canadian 62's (probably not relevant to a US built 59) I am told it was a padded dash. Cdn built cars did use some US ACC codes and some of their own.

Don

fsc66

Well Known Member
No sir, no padded dash....It does have power steering and I'm leaning toward either the 6A or 1A meaning that.
Here's what it does have:
DELUXE HEATER
POWER STEERING
POWERGLIDE
RADIO MANUAL

Paul