1960-61 chev truck

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Went to look at a 60 or 61 chev truck today. A buddy told me about it sitting at a little used car lot about 15 minutes from home. What a dissapointing trip. It was a neat truck but it was rusty, there wasn't a clean panel on that truck, there were rust issues on the fenders, doors, floors, rockers, hood, you name it and there were rust holes. Too bad, because it is a short box, fleetside, big back window truck in factory red and white two tone custom cab with all the extra chrome trim. other downside was 6 cylinder.
Anybody know what these things are worth??
The dealer wanted $4495.00 which in my opinion is way too much. I would have had to really think hard to even spend like $1200.00 on a truck in that condition.

:dunno :dunno

bobs409

Administrator
The pickin's are getting slimmer all the time and the prices just keep going up and up. I couldn't afford to buy my cars over again at today's prices. Glad I bought mine when I did and kept them.

Bob

FARO72CS

Well Known Member
60 And 61's

PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT PAY OVER $800.00 FOR THAT RUST HEAP, CHECK Craigs list in Washington State, seem to be ones there of and on. I bought a 1959 Apache 3100 series, 1/2 ton fleet side short bed for $1600.00 had zero rust except for the lower cab coners, very very minimal, six cylinder 3-speed, complete uncut and original with working radio and run good. I have sold 3-trucks on E-Bay this year, 2-70's, and 1-69, They were all under $1500.00 dollars. You can drop me a line if you like and i'm sure with some looking i could come up with something to fill your needs. Hope this helps:coffee:

Larry farotrek@msn.com

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Larry.
I appreciate your help.
There is a 63 chev short box step side that I am going to try and go look at this week.
I will let you know how it turns out.

Todd

~

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
In case anyone is interested a friend of mine here in Albuquerque has a '64 Chevy C10 short Fleetside for sale $3000.00. I believe it has a SBC and a car 4-speed in it. It has nice paint, very minor rust issues and needs some mechanical TLC. Let me know if more info is desired I can get details and photos.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Pics and info would be great.
I would like to find a really stock, or stock appearing truck.
short box fleetside is preferred.

Thanks, Todd

:cheers