1960 Biscayne 348 dates and other info required

Rpj

Hi everyone,

I have several 60 projects, 2 of them i want to keep original and am looking for information as to the range of date codes the engines, transmissions and any other parts should be to keep the cars as original as possible as both had their original engines removed before I bought them.

This one is a 1960 Biscayne 2 door sedan that was apparently a 348 with factory 4 speed.
The fuel line and emblems support the claim it was a 348.
The floor has the factory shifter cutout
The eninge bay has the remains of a sun tach and the steering column has screw holes from where the tach used to be

Heres the vin and cowl details

Vin: 01211L212074
Cowl:
07D
STYLE60-1211 BODYVN6327
TRIM 800 F PAINT 923A
ACC

So from what i can work out this is a 8 cylinder Biscayne 2 door post manufactured 4th week of July 1960
Car was Roman red with grey cloth and vinyl trim

Is there any other way to verify if the car was in fact a 348 with factory 4 speed
What diff ratio / markings would you expect if it were?
What dates should i look for if trying to replace the drivetrain with correct date range items given the vehicle was assembled late July?

Thanks!

Rpj

Here is a picture of the car in 2006 when I purchased it, (And no I didn't pay the sticker price!)biscayne grill.jpg
It has a stainless steel grille. Looks machine made and definately has machine made brackets. I suspect this was an aftermarket grill that could be bought back in the era, anyone know any more about it?

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Van Nuys built solid Roman Red paint (923A) with Silver and Gray (800) interior. My comments on your convertible for clues to original 348 cars apply here as well, plus the obvious like radiator/shroud, etc.
Other more knowledgeable members will suggest more clues to look for.

If you haven't been there yet, I suggest going here for much detailed info:

vehicle-information-kits.html