1960 imp

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
just heard about a 60 2drht impala for sale. i saw the car 4-5 years ago before any resto work was done, it was a very solid western car. since then it was painted black, glass reinstalled, bumpers rechromed,etc. needs int. i think it is 283 3 on the tree. the old man passed away, the wife is broke and needs the money and the car gone. her son (my buddy) thinks it can be had in the 5k range. i don't want to be a vulture, but how can i pass this one up? the son is not dumb i think he is looking at quick cash for mom to live on for awhile.so i guess what i need to know is, if the son is looking out for his mothers best inerest, should i worry about taking advantage of the proverbiale "old widow"? by the way, i think the car is worth far more than the price asked.:scratch

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
just ask

When I buy from someone I know, I ask them what they want for it. Then I buy it at their price. If they're happy, I'm happy.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you pay their price no foul. It's not like your reading the obituaries and chasing the widow down at the funeral home.

Don't think it doesn't happen. My older brothers friend died in a head on collision with a drunk driver. Some of his cousins bought his 1970 SS396 Chevelle from his parents at the wake, skipped the funeral and was driving the car away as the family was getting home from the funeral.:takethat

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
i'm going to to look at it Thursday. i might have to do an "emergency extraction" to get it before the situation changes.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
goat boy, Congratulations!!!! When can we see some pictures?? What are your plans? Will this car be a keeper, or a re-sale?? Good luck with it.

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
went to see car today,it was sad, when i last saw it it freshly painted and covered it looked like a million bucks. now it is stashed away in an old car wash building, it hasn't been covered in a couple of years. some of the trim is installed, most is piled in it. there are so many things piled in it you can't really sort it out.most of the aluminium has been re-anodized. the chrome is driver quality, the paint looks like it could be scuffed and buffed and look real decent. hard to tell if everything is there,but every part i specifically looked for i found. two small rust spots, one in the lower inside quarter? and one in the rear seat area. they were not big though. now get this they are practically begging me to buy it for $4,000.00. i think i will be calling for a flat bed in the morning!!!!!!!