1961 bel air bubble top

jstockov

just bought a 61 bel air bubble top 283/3 speed.. twilight turquise / white top.. nice car but needs some side moulding resto to be real nice.. I was very happy to find a 61 bel air.. not as happy as if it were a 62 bubble but its more in my price range.. thanks for all the info great site.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 92

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Welcome... Nice colors and glad to see another 61 member. I don't have any good outside 61 parts but I know others probably do. Just stay tuned the crazies will be on here soon:D :D
Robert
I had to go to the Mooresville area last week to look at a trailer....Nice place...I used to live in Raleigh many years ago but that is a long story:roll :roll

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, Love the 61' Bel-airs. That molding is hard to come by. I have a friend that is looking for the passenger door molding.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the site! Nice choice in purchasing what appears to be a fine representative of the X frame cars :). I love the 61s, and the BA sport coupes seem to be harder to come by than the 61 Impala coupe (both are nice!).

I took all the trim off mine and stored it down the basement, it's in rough shape but worth restoring. Someday I will get to that!

I currently have an early 409 block on the stand, getting fitted to pistons and con rods. Have the heads done, going with 1147s and larger valves. Three twos up top, will need help when I get to the point of final assembly. The car itself is in pieces, body off the frame, long way to go :).

What are the plans for your new ride? Enjoy the V8 standard shift for a bit, then see what strikes your fancy. Good luck with your new project!

Cheers,
TomK

P.S. Where is Mooresville in relation to Chapel Hill, NC? I will be at UNC-Chapel Hill for three weeks this summer, might be taking my 1962 vehicle ...

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
i also have 61 bel air, i had the side trim straightened and polished at a local shop it looks great. just look for a local polishing shop