1961 belair sport coupe rear back glass trim clip >> Photo <<

Marilynbubbletop

Well Known Member
Snapped some photos of the back glass lower stainless molding w/ the clip we're searching for.. The photo w/ the molding and the circled marker is where the larger rear lower trim molding clips go.. One on each side.. Anyone ?? Thanx, Jim & Marilyn..

Attachments

• bubble top rear end clip.jpg
    bubble top rear end clip.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • bubble top rear end clip.3.jpg
    bubble top rear end clip.3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
  • bubble top rear end clip.2.jpg
    bubble top rear end clip.2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8

Marilynbubbletop

Well Known Member
Are you asking for the clips, verification that the placement of the clips is correct or both?
Asking for the clips.. 2 small end clips for both sides.. Also, the 2 longer trim clips that go right on the corner to hold the trim in place.. That look just like the normal trim clips, but are longer.. Anything ?? :pray Thx., Jim & Marilyn..

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I thought the stainless pieces took the regular reveal molding that is used for securing the backglass.

I does, there should only be two of those clips, one at each end of the trim. These clips to my knowledge are not available other than used. My glass man has fastened the end of the stainless down with epoxy and it held OK. Those clips are very difficult to find, most of them rusted away.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought the stainless pieces took the regular reveal molding that is used for securing the backglass.

I does, there should only be two of those clips, one at each end of the trim. These clips to my knowledge are not available other than used. My glass man has fastened the end of the stainless down with epoxy and it held OK. Those clips are very difficult to find, most of them rusted away.
Tommy, The bottom back glass reveal molding takes 2-longer clips in the corners.

As I said earlier Jim in one of your other threads all you need to find or purchase are the small clips for the lower side molding on 61' Impala and grind the sides down to make the end clips. You will never find a set of original end clips. As for the two longer clips on the corner of the lower back glass molding all you have to do is lengthen the new ones by cutting and welding. It will take 4-clips to make two long ones.

Back Glass Molding Clip 1.jpgBack Glass Molding Clip 2.jpgBack Glass Molding Clip 3.jpgRear Windshield Molding Clips 1-3-64 & 1-7-32 2.jpgRear Windshield Molding Clips1- 3-64 & 1-7-32 1.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Dan,
I know, those are the clips that I was saying as far as I know are not available except used. I had never tried to make them as you did. If it works, good idea.