1961 biscayne utility sedan

Junky

Well Known Member
I was just getting ready to post this too. Its interesting. Never seen a back seat factory deleted car but maybe a purpose bought race car.

There were built for sales people that carried inventory or samples with them. No need for a back seat, when it wasn't going to be used. It was all about utilitarian purposed use, and at the least cost. They were very popular in the late 40's & 50's, but were losing favor in the 60's. By the 60's, the salesman on the road wanted more creature comforts, such as a radio, heat & air conditioning, etc..

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don’t think the fleet masters had the rocker molding, so maybe someone added the one on the passenger side?:scratch

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was going to mention the windows not rolling down. I would image that those parts are hens teeth to find. Not sure if the panels on the fleet master rear seat area are original but if they are someone needs to make some patterns.

Not really if they're anything like the more common 55/56 Chevys. Just no mechanisim, different(shape) cut on the glass and cheesy thin metal brackets to hold the glass in place, and full rubber seals much like a windshield rubber.