1961 Impala 409. Mecum Auctions

tharruff

Don't think so...the bolt pattern is different between the 61 and 62 spinners. The 62 spinners will fit into the center of a standard 61 hubcap with the plastic center piece removed, but the metal tabs that hold the plastic center in will cause the spinners to clock incorrectly. The 62 spinners are a LOT more plentiful than 61 spinners.

Reactions: 327

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The black 61 pictured is NOT a factory built Super Sport. As for it being a factory built 409, not enough information to make that determination but a bet against it would pretty safe. As for Heddrik's suggestion that someone should notify Mecum, I've done that before, total waste of time. Mecum doesnt want to hear it.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's even sadder!! Buyer beware never sounded more important.
Buyer beware is an understatement. Seen a rusted out 59' Elcamino sell at Mecum Chicago while we were there little over a month ago and it sold for $55K. https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1021-468848/1959-chevrolet-el-camino/
They didn't even try to fix the floor right and stuffed a black vinyl interior that looked like a child sewed it together. I was horrified! Here is a picture of the floor I took. Up front was flat sheet with some square tube stubbed in and in back they didn't even try to cover up the hack job. Pretty wild!
20211023_125221.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Used car guys never lie.
Lol! I just got a call back from the guy I sold the 1961 Impala Conv. conversion to for my buddy Pete. (Randy's Used Cars) The new owner is over the moon happy with it. I spent several hours telling him everything I could about it before he drove up from South Carolina to grab it. Spent all Spring/Summer/Fall driving the thing around having fun with it and thankfully the only issue I found was a leaking wheel cylinder right as I was helping load the car on his trailer. Anyway, the best policy with cars/parts is let the buyer know everything you can so they get exactly what they thought they were buying and you get exactly the buyer you are looking for. :winner

lennyjay

Well Known Member
100K here, 100K there pretty soon you are talking real money. If this is not one of 142 please state it. The guys on this site are too sharp for any slight of hand stuff. A good looking '61 with the right stuff added is just fine, if that is what you are paying for....I like them all....

denson1932

Well Known Member
The PB radio in the pixs says 'all transistor radio ' but i think the 1962 PB Delco says 'straight line tuning'? Pickky Picky ME...i'd buy it in a heartbeat if i could afford it! I have way more faults than it does!

Last edited: