1961 Impala @ B.J.

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
It's of my opinion (and experience), that the auction houses go by the descriptions of the vehicle that the owner states on the consignment form, and leaves it at that. They do not want any responsibility or liability for anything what-so-ever, and state that in their consignments really fine print, therefor, any discrepancies a buyer finds in a vehicle, they would need to take that up with the seller. By the way, my '63 Belair hammered on the block at Russo and Steele on Thursday @ $ 27,500 :dunno. Another '64 Bisquick 409 hammered on Friday @ $ 27,500 along with a '62 409 QB that hammered at $ $34,000 (if my memory serves me correctly). Just a side note (and not being bias here), but my '63 Belair was most correct, which tells me that the general auction buyer is not necessarily interested in correctness. The '62 Bisquick o9'er had an engine that looked like a 425 hp engine with all the chrome and incorrect rocker panel trim :doh. I would have to admit, the '62 did have the better paint job.