1961 pontiac parisienne 348

I pulled the 327 out and installed a rebuilt 348-250 hp and 4 spd. I had problem with new fuel pump and finally got it running. So far it sounds great, can,t wait till spring.

Attachments

• 327-348 017 (Small).jpg
    327-348 017 (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looking good! But please get rid of that plastic fuel filter!! Those are dangerous. If it dries out and cracks it will spray fuel everywhere. Replace the fuel line with a hard line w/ a metal fuel filter if possible. Neat car!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I pulled the 327 out and installed a rebuilt 348-250 hp and 4 spd. I had problem with new fuel pump and finally got it running. So far it sounds great, can,t wait till spring.

I like the car itself and that 348 engine makes it all the better!

Send us some pics of the vehicle if you get the chance :). We love Pontiacs as well, especially the "Bubbletops".

Cheers!
TomK

The filter and plug wires are all temporaryand I agree about the filter.I,m looking for original glass bowl and air cleaner.The motor turned out to be an original 61 pontiac which was an option for this car.

Here are a few pictures

Attachments

• 61 pontiac 022 (Small).jpg
    61 pontiac 022 (Small).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 22
  • small pictures 012 (Small).jpg
    small pictures 012 (Small).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 61 pontiac 023 (Small).jpg
    61 pontiac 023 (Small).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 23

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Niiiiiiccccceeeee :clap:clap

Mind you a 421 Tri-power would also be pretty neat, with 8 lug wheels. :hide

Would that be a Catalina or a Ventura in the US? Looks great.

It has same wheelbase as catalina and ventura,the difference being in the frame. 58-64 canadian pontiacs used chevy "X" frames. Because of that the bumpers ,inner fenders and fenders don,t fit. Parisienne interiors were the same as Bonnevilles. We didn,t get the 409 in pontiacs untill 63 but we had 409s in the 65s not 396. I would love a ventura 421 tri-power.I knew a french guy in Quebec that had a 61 ventura 389 4spd in 1963, that when the 61 pontiac bubbletop went on my bucket list.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I,m looking for original glass bowl and air cleaner.
Very nice looking rig....:brow I love the interior...:deal
Not sure on Canadian built cars but the US built cars did not use the glass bowl on single 4. I put a AC Delco metal 3/8" filter between the fuel tank and the 3/8" rigid fuel line.

Very nice looking rig....:brow I love the interior...:deal
Not sure on Canadian built cars but the US built cars did not use the glass bowl on single 4. I put a AC Delco metal 3/8" filter between the fuel tank and the 3/8" rigid fuel line.
I have seen the glass bowl filter in pictures on chevys but I thinking canadian pontiacs might be the same and yes I have a filter between tank and hard line. The glass bowl isn't a priority, i'm not looking for originality. I'm a hot rodder.

Hi Jim, well Igot it running and maybe if the roads dry up it will go around the block

Well here it is Jan.11 global warming is looking good,man I could get used to days like this. I got everything finished and roads were dry so I went for a spin to try out the new motor. Ran good but may have to do some tuning on carb.

Attachments

• 61 pontiac 030 (Small) (2).jpg
    61 pontiac 030 (Small) (2).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7