1962 Nova Gasser Tribute Car

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
A friend of mine is nearing completion of a 1962 Chevy II/Nova, straight axle gasser style car with the prospective level of finish and detail to be regarded to be well above average. We got to talking about actual hand painted "Lettering" or signage, that would reflect similar "Tribute" style cars, that were well known and raced back "in the day".

Any sources/leads, pictures, stories, that anyone may have, to at least get the ball rolling, would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ron,
Don't know of any true 1962 Nova Gasser. But I have the book "Diggers, Funnies, Gassers & Altereds" by Bob McClurg that has great color pictures of 50, 60 and 70's cars that were raced in the golden years. The book could be helpful for the paint and lettering ideas you are looking into for the Nova.

Dave

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Actually, I don't ever recall seeing a prominant 62' Nova Gasser either Dave but I had to ask.

Thanks for the lead on the book though. I'll pass that along. :deal

Ron

oil4kids

Well Known Member
I have tons of Early Nova Gasser Pictures, but what engine, 409 427 small block z11, corvair 164 turbo, engine etc etc

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the extra information. These are some good leads. :beerbang

Mark....the engine is a small block with two-fours.

This car will end up being one classy little gasser. I will try to post pictures when I am able.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Mark

Just checking back to this thread.

Would you have any pics of a small block Chevy II Gasser?

Ron