1962 Nova small block tribute car

b-d409

Well Known Member
I am in the very beginnings of putting all the parts together for this build. It will be a copy of my dad's 1962 Nova, a 327 dual quad, 4 speed car.

Here are a couple pictures of his old car. This car is my first memory of my dad and his race cars.

Attachments

• Dad's Nova 1.jpg
    Dad's Nova 1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Dad's Nova 2.jpg
    Dad's Nova 2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 90

b-d409

Well Known Member
Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of my dad's old hot rods. When I was a kid our house was broken into and the a$$holes tore up most of our family photo albums. I am lucky to still have these 2 pictures of his Nova.

Dan

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That should be a great project! You can still get those cars at a reasonable price and they're light enough that they don't need a ton of power to go really quick.:beerbang

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
That's awesome! I have a similiar story, my avatar is the only remaining picture of my dad's Biscayne that he had in 64. For twenty years I wanted to build a tribute to my Dad's car. Five years ago I found a solid enough body to start with and am still working on it.:) The only thing I'm missing is the 63 409 that he had in his. So if any of you guys with an extra one laying around want to donate to a good cause I would be very appreciative:roll

b-d409

Well Known Member
Thanks for the interest and support

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to "re-build " this car. So far my dad and I have gotten the engine and trans parts together. We pretty much are set for that part now. I have been looking for a good 62 nova roller. I think I have found a good candidate but haven't committed to it yet. This project will be completed as I have wanted to do it for my entire adult life. Piece by piece, little by little and I'll get there. It's really nice to still have my father around to do this project with me.

Dan