1962 SS rides again

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
0712151916a.jpg 0712151916a.jpg 0712151916b.jpg 0712151917b.jpg 0712151916a.jpg 0712151916b.jpg 0712151917b.jpg Road tested today...what a difference with disc brakes, the Addco swaybar and the UMI rear suspension. Three and a half years. My son flew right seat; kid couldn't stop smiling. Could not believe how much power it has.

I owe a great deal of thanks to my friends on here. They are too numerous to list...Thanks to all of you guys... Especially Leo, Cecil, Don Jacks, 58 Delivery, 61 427, Jeff Olson Fathead Racing and Iowa 409. "knowledge is power" I still have some gremlins to work out, but they are minor. Stays steady at 180 degrees in balmy humidity. Oil pressure great, fuel VP-110 the best! There are some finishing touches and a few other things to do... I will be leaning on you guys some more.

Semper Fi Mac!

Last edited:

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
From the picture it doesn't look like the adjustable sliding stop on the front carb linkage will engage the bell crank and open the front carb? Really cool looking car. Wide whites are an.interesting look.
You are correct sir! Running on 1x4 till I am sure!! I was trying to go for the "Pie Crust" look, however these are radials. Like nostalgic period correct looks. Not a fan of the "LS powered" "Resto-Mod" look.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I did not lower it and it has 15" wheels now. I don't like the tires...but I can't find those elusive "pie crust radials."
G'day, looking way cool. I like the rim and tyre combo. aiming to do something similar on my black 62.

Have you questioned Radir Wheels as to whether they do or can get the radials! They do the pie crust drag slicks so might be able to help.
http://www.radirwheels.com/slicks.htm

Or the other one that i know of is Towel City, but i guess you have probably tried both of these.
http://www.towelcityracingtires.com/Pie_Crust_Cheater_Slicks.html

Another one i had heard of was also Hurst Racing tires.

Gav

Last edited: