1963,1964 Chevrolet Impala,Belair,Biscayne Aluminum Hood Avialiable

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys,was surfing Sherman and Associates Car parts sight the other night.I noticed that they are now offering an American Made all Aluminum Hood for 1963,1964 Chevrolets,Impala,Belair and Biscayne.These would be perfect for that Z-11 Car..I've down loaded their ad,hopefully I can get it on.Their phone number is 586-677-6800. “SUPER LIGHT” Aluminum Hoods for 1963-64 Chevrolets
Sherman & Associates announces new U.S.-made aluminum hoods for popular 1963-64 Chevrolets. These hoods, which follow on the heels of our successful steel hoods, are “Super Light,” weighing in at only 27 pounds (steel hoods weigh 98 pounds). They are an exact fit just like the originals, and can be installed using only hand tools. Lighter springs will soon be available for ease of operation.

“The result of our design,” said Jim Sherman President of Sherman & Associates, is an aluminum stamping that is fully assembled and welded together on specially prepared jigs to eliminate any error in fit and positioning. Now anyone wanting to build a retro version of the famous Z-11 Chevrolet or anyone just wanting the lightest hood available for their 1963-64 Nostalgia race car has that option.

Sherman’s new “Super Light” hoods are die formed from 26-gauge aluminum and are ready for painting. These hoods are produced in the U.S. by an experienced automotive stamping supplier, and are freight shippable anywhere in the world. Like all Sherman repair panels, they provide the high standards of fit and finish both amateur and professional restorers have come to expect from Sherman.

In addition to the 1963-64 Chevrolet aluminum hoods, Sherman stocks a full line of exterior and underbody sheetmetal repair panels for these classic Chevrolets and other General Motors vehicles.

I've never dealt with them ,but their web pages and on line catalog looks awesome.If you go to the sight look under new products,they have a picture of the hoods.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
63,64 aluminum hood

Hi Bob,You will not believe this price.Hold on to your hat!!!!$2199.00 plus shipping. John

bobs409

Administrator
The '63 hood has been available for quite some time. I remember mentioning it here a while back and it had a two thousand dollar price tag on it then. This is the first I've heard of the '64 being available.

Unless the cost of aluminum is alot higher than I know of, the price sure seems unfair to me. They reproduce the hoods in steel for about $400. By substituting aluminum it adds $1,600 to the price tag? :dunno :scratch :nono1:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fiberglass !!!! The poor mans aluminum !!!!!! Under $300 !!!!