1963 3/8 fuel line routing

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
On my 62, the 3/8 fuel line went through the x frame tunnel, there was a hole at the front and rear on the passenger side of the tunnel. On my 63, I don't see the hole on the front wall of the tunnel, is the 63 supposed to be the same as the 62? The rear hole is there.
Could someone post or email me a copy of the assembly manual which shows the routing of the 3/8 fuel line?

Thanks,
Don

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I definitely see your point on the risk, but on the other hand if all these cars were built this way, it doesn't seemed to have caused fires? I assume most are still through the tunnel?

What route do you use?

Don

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I definitely see your point on the risk, but on the other hand if all these cars were built this way, it doesn't seemed to have caused fires? I assume most are still through the tunnel?

What route do you use?

Don
Speaking from experience I agree with Ray... I had the same attitude about mine Don, the fuel line was one of the last pieces of original evidence of mine being an original 348... Then when the driveshaft broke and wiped out the fuel line and the parking brake cables, I mounted it outside the frame.. Never did fix the e brake.. Lol
Rick

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I suppose I could cover it with rubber fuel hose and put it inside the tunnel or outside the tunnel. Just need to get it away from the exhaust heat.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
On a 58 the fuel line for dual exhaust cars exits behind the passenger tire then jumps to the backside of the passenger side inner rocker, that definitely keeps it out of the tunnel and away from the exhaust but seems pretty vulnerable for a side impact. Though I think it would be more likely to get bent up rather then "burst" open. Pick your poison I suppose.

Chris