1963 409 3-speed Belair wagon

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well why didn't ya buy it? The price is right there on the window sticker:poke. Seriously though....it is beautiful. Something doesn't look right about the window sticker. I don't remember seeing "solid black" listed on one before, plus it doesn't list anything besides the colors, 409, 3 spd, and posi. Surely it came with some other options. PS/PB/2 spd wipers/optional radio/HD cooling/etc. I wish I could find the one from our Parkwood. It's packed away somewhere and I know that the next time I see it will probably be years (hopefully many) from now while sorting through Daddy's stuff. It had about 3/4 of a page of things listed. Nothing super rare...mostly usual stuff.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well, the salesman wouldn't give me what I wanted for my trade in and the wife thought we should get something that used less gas........hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :roll
It was a bare-bones car. There were no other options on it. Some other paperwork with the car had a business name associated with it so I'm guessing it was just a workhorse for someone. I didn't get to speak with the owner but it was truly a very beautifully restored car!
Ross

bobs409

Administrator
Sticker looks legit to me but I'm certainly not an expert. I only say this because I have been collecting pics of window stickers for reference to do one for my car. (I would always tell that I made it myself, not try and pass it as original)

Car is ultra cool! Reminds me of something a police Sargent would drive. (remember Adam 12, the big wig always drove the wagon although they were Mopars) :D

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The 61 is from NW Iowa - its been at shows
over the last few years. It was converted from a 4 door wagon to a 2 door.
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We were at the Goodguys on Friday only and I did not see the 63 409 wagon.
I thought I saw every 409 that was there. Maybe it was there on Saturday. I see that it has black 63 Iowa plates.
Did you get a picture of the plates ? If so the county number(first 2 numbers) on the plates will tell which county in Iowa the car is from.
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
64 is Lyon County (near me) in far NW Iowa - I have cousins in that County who might know the car.

Sioux Center, Iowa on the window sticker, is just south of Lyon County - That Chevy dealer(Ver Holf) is still in Sioux Center.
or 84 is Shelby County just east of Council Bluffs, Iowa/Omaha, Nebraska

I bet its Lyon County.

plates and Counties:

http://www.bprlicenseplates.com/Iowa - county codes.htm

Paul