1963 409 SS.??

bobs409

Administrator
Truthfully, he's not THAT bad looking as a broad. I've seen much worse. He's not my type however. :D

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The driver that rear ended him is at fault, whether he has insurance or not does not relieve the at fault drivers.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would be afraid of having the insurance adjuster look at it as if they do total it you can still buy the car back but it's going to have a flagged title and real 409 cars are kind of hard to find

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:yup If your in this, just to make money, sell the car. The insurance company will give you, Squat. Don't even, involve them. If you really like the car, fix it. If it is a 409 car, it will be worth $$$$$ It will take alot of work, but that's what this hobby is about.When you get the car restored, to where you're happy with it, you can say " I did that " :appl

bobs409

Administrator
Yeah, if it turns out like my resto, you'll be replacing the back 1/2 of the car anyway. :D

See:

100_8402.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Well that's what it looks like if your replacing wheel houses, upper & lower trunk, trunk drop offs, rear tail pan and outer quarters. :D That's basically the back of the car. I did manage to keep the trunk lid, part behind rear window and that 34 X 4 inch reinforcement in the trunk. :crazy As Arnie Cunningham of the movie Christine once said, I put a shit load of money in her and she's perfect-o now! :winner

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Get money to repair your 63, offer to accept $1,000 (cash settlement) or some number like that, plus whatever other damage to the trailer or tow vehicle. If its just a repair, your title shouldn't get "damaged". In reality, you only need to pay the cost of replacing whatever panel is now damaged?

Don