1963 bel air 2 dr post

six4chevy

Hey guys is a 1963 2 dr bel air post car worth anything much?Recentley i have came across one thats very restorable.Its missing the hood and the grill is bent,rust wise lower fenders,pass lower q panel and lower trunk pan main floors are solid as a rock.It has a in line 6 with a 2 spd powerglide.What do these cars go for im not looking to restore i would like to flip it but if its not worth my time ill jus pass on it.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I spent Thursday & Friday at the Carlisle fall show. Although there didn't appear to be as many people as past years and the car corral was a little sparce there was a good number of nice cars available. A friend and I commented on the number of post cars. In fact there was a beautiful 63 post, 327, 4 speed car sitting next to a 62 post. The seller was BIG money (in the $40K range) for the cars and they were still there when I left.
The point is, I agree with Ronnie, it is a marketable car.

six4chevy

I also know where this ones at
4indyh.jpg

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
the bel airs and biscaynes are going to keep climbing in price you watch. Get the nice ones now fellas

hogmotors

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Problem w/post cars(2 doors) is the interiors. As far as I know, nobody is making repros.
Anyway, I had that problem when I built mine back in the dark ages. "Wadn't fit tado anything but make a race car out of". Only thing I got was the original upholstry cloth pattern; Then I set it afire adding a tab on the roll cage that EJ had put in w/o making a scratch on anything!

bobs409

Administrator
I'd say just give 'em time and they'll be making it. A few years ago did you think you could ever buy a whole body for a Camaro or a 57? (although, you better be a CEO to afford one!) :eek:

I'm surprised at the amount of sheetmetal that is now available for my 63. I can get everything I need now. :)

I mentioned this once here before but back in the late 80's, I wrote to LGC magazine and asked them if they thought that repro fender or quarters would ever come out for my 63. I got a reply from the head of LGC then I think Robert Snowden? and he told me not likely and that tooling to do so would make the price astronomical. Guess he was wrong? :p

Bob

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I love the "post" cars. I am on the hunt for a 2 door sedan.
The problem is that I want one that is really nice, ORIGINAL and untouched.
I also think they are growing in popularity.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Dave, that is a nice 63:cheers
I am following up on a local 63. I am waiting to see if the owner is still thinking about selling. If I can dig up some photos of the car, I will post them here.
Thanks for the link.

Todd