1963 Chevrolet Impala SS 409/425 HP V-8, 4-Speed Bid to $55,000

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I looked up build plant which was Atlanta. Thinking it might have been a local car from around here back in the day as there where two exactly like that in my area. Being at Kansas City auction could have been a possibility. But who knows what happened to those two . May not exist anymore???

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I looked up build plant which was Atlanta. Thinking it might have been a local car from around here back in the day as there where two exactly like that in my area. Being at Kansas City auction could have been a possibility. But who knows what happened to those two . May not exist anymore???
I do know what happened to one partially while he owned it. He had so much trouble with the 425 409 that he put in a 327. I don't know how long he had it after that. The other car was traded for the next year 1964 ss model as he traded about every year when he was younger.

Reactions: 327

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This was a local car…remember it?
Was not in my area that I am aware of. There was a z11 that raced at the local drag strip back in 63 that I did not see but cousin told me he went to the car to see what motor was in it as it was turning better times than all others.

Reactions: 327