1963 Impala Anniversary Gold

car_nut1979

I was looking for information on my grandfather's car that he bought new in Urbana, Ohio. My mom started talking about the gold Impala and I found a forum thread giving detailed info about the colors. I have an actual photo from May 1963 of the Impala after he brought it home from the dealer. I saw an expert state that this gold was not on the '63 color charts but was on the '62's. It still varied slightly from the '62 though. It did not have the black interior as some stated that all of the Anniversary editions were, it was gold interior as well. I asked my mom if it was possible that it started out as black, she says no way. Always gold on gold. She believes it was a sport coupe and not a SS, but can't remember which engine. Her brother ended up bending the frame on the car around '70 and insurance totaled it.
Thanks for any info...

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 52

car_nut1979

I just spoke with my uncle (guy in the hat in pic)on the phone regarding the car. He said he owned it shortly before he wrecked it. He says it's actually a Saddle Tan with the same interior. The picture looks like a nicer color than the sample they give of Saddle Tan online. It was the straight 6 with a 3 on the tree so definitely not an Anniversary.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The trim tag for a 63 Chevrolet should be on the cowl on the upper left side (passenger side) under the hood. In 1963 the possible RPO paint codes for brown/tan/gold cars were:
920 - Autumn Gold
932 - Saddle tan
934 - Cordovan Brown
938 - Adobe Beige

Two Tone colors
970 - Adobe Beige / Autumn Gold
971 - Adobe Beige /Saddle Tan
972 - Adobe Beige / Cordovan Brown

Check your trim tag and then decode it here: http://www.348-409.com/paint63.html

Last edited:

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick....I'll check the PPG files/library for that color. I believe there was an "Anniversary " gold as a paint option. Not sure about a 1963 color , but
was offered in 1962.

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick....in 1962 Chevrolet offered Anniversary Gold as paint code #927. R-M paint #A-1500.....PPG # 22157

in 1963 Chevrolet offered Autumn Gold as paint code #920. R-M paint #A-1478
Hope this helps you...