1963 Impala SS Convertible Differential Code

I was looking on my 1963 Impala SS convertible for the differential code and could not find it. I was wondering if anyone knows specifically where it is on the rear end/axle. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The code should be on the passenger side of the center section. The stamping on the axle housing didn't appear on that style of rear end. They are tough to read to get some degreaser and a good light. The casting# is on the drivers side of the center section. It will be seven digits. If you see a large P cast into the drivers side, you have an original positraction center section.
Ross

I also have another question on my cowl tag on the top left side there is O7A, does that tell when the car was built and if it does what do those numbers and letters translate into. thanks for the help.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The 07A code is for when the body of the car was built. 07 is july and A is for the 1st week of the month. I imagine the entire car would have been assembled a week or two later. Anyone know the time gap in between a body build date and final assembly?
Ross