1963 Pontiac Gran Prix

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I posted last summer about taking this GP in on trade for a Jeep that I was selling. Had nothing to loose so I have been working a little on it. I color sanded and buffed it, had new seat covers, headliner and package tray installed. Also put four 8:50x14 bias ply B.F. Goodrich tires on it. Also sent off for the PHS doc's and found that it is a factory built 4 speed with factory 8 lugs and am/fm radio.
The car has the warranty books, protecto plate, original spare tire and keys. The speedometer shows 105k miles and this might be correct, motor has some blowby and uses a little oil. They only made about 6k 4 speed GP''s in 1963.
Forgot to add the damn pictures!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tommy:

That's quite a combination of power with quality :).

The GP was "top of the line" for big bodied passenger Pontiacs back then. Having a four speed multi-carbed version of that is quite special!

Cheers!
TomK

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When I was about ten years old, a guy in my neighbourhood had a 63 Grand Prix pretty much identical to that one.
I remember staring at that car a lot thinking how beautiful it was. :love

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Beautiful car Tommy!!!
There was a 63 or 64 GP in a salvage yard down home. Black/black...8 lugs...tripower as I remember it. Went back about a month later.....EVERYTHINK had been crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drop:drop:drop Had to be in the late 80's.

My step father's 64 Dodge Polara was in the group too!!!!