1963 Pontiac Gran Prix

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Black 63 Pontiacs are beautiful Tommy......:)
Thanks, this one is actually blue but it's so dark that you have to take a second look.
If I had it to do over I think i would have put white interior in it instead of the blue.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I think Blue on Blue is a great look, especially in that body style. But I know what you mean about that White interior :).

My older brother had the first year GP (1962) that was Black over White, I always coveted that car. While had that GP, my driver in 1968 was a $165 four door StarChief from 1961...

I remember seeing a 1963 GP back in the day, was in my Dad's DeSoto. I saw the lettering on the rear quarter and and asked my Mom what a "grand pricks" was :). I was an innocent twelve year old at the time...

Cheers! TomK

P.S. I'd trade that MG-TD for it if was mine!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tom,
I had forgot about the MG, I'm taking the Grand Prix with me to the Turkey Run in Daytona this week, not to sell, just to drive around while I'm down there however you never know it may not come home with me but it's in the same price range as the MG-TD. :dunno

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
We are in Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run, took the Gran Prix down to have something to get around in. we have put a couple hundred miles on it so far. Couldn't resist taking it down on the beach. Good event here, about 6000 cars in town. Still a lot of Hurricane damage here.20161124_161006~2.jpg

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Tommy, just saw another luxury "Cruiser" on e-bay. Probably not your cup of tea, but it is different. '65 Chrysler 300, power steering, brakes, windows, a/c, 383, FOUR SPEED, with 29,000 miles, 3rd owner. Just a thought!

Lonnie

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tommy, just saw another luxury "Cruiser" on e-bay. Probably not your cup of tea, but it is different. '65 Chrysler 300, power steering, brakes, windows, a/c, 383, FOUR SPEED, with 29,000 miles, 3rd owner. Just a thought!

Lonnie

Lonnie,
I've seen that car listed somewhere before and it did get my attention but I'm afraid I'd be stuck with it, might be a little too weird

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Don't think of it as being "stuck with it", think of it as a "keeper"!! :)

Lonnie