1964 1,019 original mile 409/425 Biscayne

bobs409

Administrator
Wow!

Why would the engine be rebuilt with only 1K miles on it? :? That fuel pump jumps right out at me as being wrong. :nono1:

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Choke tube is missing and I do believe that the factory exhaust was 2.5" to the "flow Masters" then 2" the rest of the way.

Old School

Supporting Member 1
I've been all over this car. It was on display (for sale) at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas for 2 years and at last year's SEMA show. When I was doing my 64, I used this car for correct under the hood details. The car is amazing and from all I could tell and appearances, it is legit. :cheers

Mick

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Wish I could see it in person. My VIN is 41611F209646. The cars are kissin cousins ! I find it hard to believe this one is totally unrestored original survivor but who knows. Maybe it was in a hermetically sealed climate controlled barn all these years.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Must have been a LEMON

:crazy Who owns a car like that and does not drive it. :dunno A pure waste of a nice car.:doh

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Waste of a neat car,I agree,but these collector guys who buy strickly for show,bragging and profit never drive their cars.Especially with low mileage that this one is supposed to have. John

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This particular car is advertised all the time. I'd really like to know more about it. Does anyone have any racing history about it?

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
This particular car is advertised all the time. I'd really like to know more about it. Does anyone have any racing history about it?

This looks like the Reggie Jackson car that is ALWAYS for sale. It sold at Barrett-Jackson recently. Its constantly on E-Bay too. Must change hands frequently. Leo

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I even found it somewhere in Las Vegas a couple of years ago!!
Robert

Attachments

• Las Vegas 2008 030.jpg
    Las Vegas 2008 030.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Las Vegas 2008 031.jpg
    Las Vegas 2008 031.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 37

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Didn't, we talk about this car, last November?:dunno At that time, I copied the speedo. To me, it looked like it was,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,, changed????? Just my .02. It is still, a very nice car, though.:clap:clap

Attachments

• 64biscayne18.jpg
    64biscayne18.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 57

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Yup, it was at SEMA with a big sign showing it was being sold at BJ. It was sold at Scottsdale in Feb for $60,500.

This is not a car you want to own. It's only good to look at. Start driving it and putting up some fun miles on the chassis and it drops in value by 50% !

Give me a driver any day..... :cool:

I have known this car from 1964 until it left Coshocton in 1988 or 89.It was a no sale or a buy back at Barrett Jackson and is back for sale at The Chevy Connection for 89K.It is a well known car with Coshocton gearheads,and its true history is also well known. That said,the miles are very close to correct. the car had a short race history,and was not street driven. I owned the 2nd. engine out of that car.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Neat car. Looks like the engine is re-stamp ? I also think it has been cosmetically restored. Trunk, underside, engine compartment etc.. Looks like it is getting bid up pretty good. I would love to see how it looked "as raced" !

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Neat car. Looks like the engine is re-stamp ? I also think it has been cosmetically restored. Trunk, underside, engine compartment etc.. Looks like it is getting bid up pretty good. I would love to see how it looked "as raced" !
Looks like the RESTAMP FELLOW was having cocktails when he stamped the VIN. The Corvette guys are doing a much better job on their restamps. :roll:roll JMO, Leo

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Theres not alot on that car that is correct and its certainly NOT original. Nice looking and I'd love to put my engine in it and beat it.