1965 OEM Exhaust Manifolds?

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a set of manifolds that from what I can see are probably new and the numbers are large on the outside. Also the 63 date is awful early for a 65 car?

Bill

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just looked at them. Wondering why one says 11-12-63 and the other just 11-63??? Does it matter?? Does anyone think these are somehow bogus?? Thanks, Carmine.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
They look a lot smoother than the ones on my car, possibly sanded rough casting, my casting #'s and dates are on the outside of manifolds. :dunno

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My set are in very nice condition also, and I have started to purchase several other pairs. The numbers have never been on the inside, nor was there a 63 date. However, I am no expert, that's why I asked you guys here.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My set are in very nice condition also, and I have started to purchase several other pairs. The numbers have never been on the inside, nor was there a 63 date. However, I am no expert, that's why I asked you guys here.
Just wondering, are you purchasing the exhaust headers as a collection or resale??? Thanks, Carmine.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine, no I am not trying to collect / hoard them, or purchase for resale. This is a very short run. They will fit other cars however they are primarily for 1965 409's. They were only built early 64 to somewhere around end of February 65 depending on who you ask. Basically because the 396 came in either the last few days of February 65 or early March, they became obsolete. They were made for the 65 frame and 409 engine only. Because of that, I want a nice backup set is all. It's my own fault. I passed on several really nice sets awhile back that were fairly priced, now I have only seen ok to lousy since then in about the same price range.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would like to get another set of the 65 exhaust manifolds also just in case I decide to pull my 396 out of one of my 65 impalas so it can be a twin to my other 65 409 car. I have even considered finding another set and pull the 396 and put a good running 348 in it I have sitting under my bench but I guess I would have to change the oil pan also but just so I can bomb around town in it and look awesome at the same time. And yes I know Show Cars re pops the oil pans but would like an original pan. I am guilty of trying to hoard parts also though just ask my wife!!!!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is about 875 more than I would have paid for those. I guess if you need them though. The real problem is, that right before those came up for sale, and I mean the day before, there was a great set for $999 at a buy now price.
1965exhaustmanifolds_zps28d5ba28.jpg