1969 impala

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You guys better read the road test article on these 69 Chevy's. It seems they had bad gas mileage. ---> http://www.348-409.com/literature/69improadtest.html

:roll :laugh

I remember reading this article way back in college in the late '90's when I drove my trusty '69 cortez silver Impala sedan with the LM1 255 HP 350 and power glide. College was 350 miles from Seattle and I averaged 18-19 MPG on the highway at 70 + MPH all day long, not 12-14 MPG!

7017 006.JPG
7017 012.JPG
7017 017.JPG

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You guys better read the road test article on these 69 Chevy's. It seems they had bad gas mileage. ---> http://www.348-409.com/literature/69improadtest.html

:roll :laugh
I remember reading this article way back in college in the late '90's when I drove my trusty '69 cortez silver Impala sedan with the LM1 255 HP 350 and power glide. College was 350 miles from Seattle and I averaged 18-19 MPG on the highway at 70 + MPH all day long, not 12-14 MPG!

View attachment 37796
View attachment 37797
View attachment 37798

Both the 300 HP 350/TH350 convertible and 327/pg Bel Air of ours got pretty decent MPG's. The convertible got always 18+ on the highway. I'm pretty sure it had 3.08 gears. The Bel Air has 2.56's and got about the same.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hayden and my friends '69 Bel air a while back in Seattle. Hayden told me he would of ran one back in '69 with his built L72 425 HP 427 /4-speed and 4:56's and kick butt. I wish he did , he would of been the B/STOCK Terror in a '69 Full Size chevy! I think Phil took this photo right Phil? I was getting chewed out by Dick Milner at this time wondering what took me so long to get back to the house...I was a kid back then I got distracted :dunno. Hayden calmed Dick down and put his arm around my neck and told me "don't let it happen again kiddo".

330849-GENE2.jpg 330851-GENE.jpg

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
yuk wheels:punch1...........

69 yuk.jpg

69 sweet.jpg

....sweet ride...nice wheels and tires.....:cool:...........congrats........:bow

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Believe me you don't have to remind me about the hideous wheels. My question is why would anybody in their right mind think they look good :dunno2. My '69 Caprice sedan I saved from the crusher had the same wheels when I got it. Sold them in a hurry and put fresh white walls and 14" steel wheels with '68-'69 Caprice full hub caps. Will be selling that one soon, wicked running L48 300 350 and rebuilt T-350 along with a 12 bolt rear. Will post pics later, though here is a pic of it when I first rescued it:

IMG_7246.jpg

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It ended up at a towing auction which I happened to stumble on. The yard owner wanted the good running L48 350 out of it and scrap the body (had a bad trans). I paid a kings ransom for him not to do it. If it was a '71 and later I wouldn't of worried about it. It has a different color green hood, and I got lucky and found some almost mint front and rear seats out of a '69 Old 98 same cloth pattern and color and installed them. 6 way power seat as well . I put 14" white walls and stock '69 Caprice wheel covers and installed a rebuilt T-350 trans and it runs and looks great now. I will post pics of it soon. I will be sadly selling this one, though need the space for my sport coupe.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tell me about it. Local wrecking yard called Budget auto wrecking crushed some nice straight 1958-70 big chevy's in the '90's. I was there when they got in a barn find 1964 Palamor red Impala wagon. I said I'd be right with cash that afternoon. I showed up and the wagon was pancaked already. The yard owners exact words "Makes them rarer " with an evil laugh. Heard years later he got run over by a fork lift driver, I guess his way of making him rarer......of assholes that is!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tell me about it. Local wrecking yard called Budget auto wrecking crushed some nice straight 1958-70 big chevy's in the '90's. I was there when they got in a barn find 1964 Palamor red Impala wagon. I said I'd be right with cash that afternoon. I showed up and the wagon was pancaked already. The yard owners exact words "Makes them rarer " with an evil laugh. Heard years later he got run over by a fork lift driver, I guess his way of making him rarer......of assholes that is!
Guess he got pancaked in the end...:haha