1badimp

1Badimp

Hi Everyone-thanks for having me on the 348-409 forum. I have been browsing this site for a year now and really love the information everyone posts up.

I am from the Chicago area and I have two cars, 2003 supercharged Mercury Marauder (466 rwh- last dyno) and a 1964 Imapala SS (I share with dad) that was bought back in 1981. It is an original 4-speed, 327 car with a current 350 in it from a 69 chevelle. Original motor was gone when we purchased it.

The car is suffering from the usual midwest rot -quarters, trunk pan, lower front fenders but it is all their including the original am/fm radio and orignal tach/interior. I have just bought a mig welder and I am gearing up to take the car apart and redo it.

I know a gentleman in my neighborhood that has a 63 Biscayne 409 car that is set up to run at the track and just seeing some of the pictures of that car coming off the line and hearing it run just gets my blood going :) That is why I am going to work on putting a 409 in it.

I am sure it is going to be a long journey but I am really looking forward to it. My wife keeps telling me to get rid of the car but I have driven it since high school and have alot of memories in it! Hopefully I can get it back into real nice shape and enjoy it with her and the kids.

Brad

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:cheers Welcome to the site! :cheers

Sounds like a great project. Keep your eyes open for a deal on a 409 and one may come along.
Remember that a truck motor will do the job just fine with a few modifications.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, Brad....... It is usually wise to listen to the wife, however, this time she is wrong. Keep the car and put a 409 in it.

Alec Derrey

Well Known Member
Awesome project Brad! Once your wife goes for a ride in the 64 with a 409 under the hood, she might change her tune! I noticed you mentioned an 03 Merc with a supercharger, does it have a centrifugal supercharger or did you rig up a roots style blower on that thing?