2010 Shootout Video

kz098123

Hello everyone,

I recorded the first 2 rounds of the 348-409 shootout and uploaded it to Youtube to share with you guys. We ended up leaving early so I didn't catch anything after these two rounds.

Hope you all enjoy it!

I also recorded the Thunderbird funny car's run of a 6.42 @ 217. I know its not 'W' related, but it was still fun to watch. I'm a tall skinny kid and was able to see perfectly over the top of the concrete wall behind the burnout boxes.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That's a really good video!!!:beerbang

Thanks for posting that!:deal

By the way, if anybody it wondering why there was no dial in times on a couple of those races, it's because those were the "Old Farts" racing for a a free hot dog. They just ran heads up.
That was one of my favorite parts of the racing. I loved the Impala with the continental kit pounding down the race track.:beerbang

Kz... that is a GREAT video ! nicely edited too.

Hey, was that Gerry G's 61' Stocker running 11.0's @ 120+ ??!!!
Car was EVIL:beerbang

I better get my act together:eek:

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the video, Seeing that black 63 Impala going down the the track really brings a tear. Bet Fred is smilin.

Ray

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ray, I don't know if I got to talk to you at Thompson ? If I did and don't remember I apologize it was a wild weekend for me. Next time we meet we'll have to talk about stock cars. I owned and built a half mile dirt late model in the eighties. My partner drove. Bo

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jim. why are the cars in the left lane so close to the centerline? Very Good viedo

Thats just Denny wanting the other lane!!!!:roll
Some guys just think the grass is always greener in the other lane!!!!

WOW!!!! Watching these 4-spd cars fly down the strip was something else!!
And,,, most of the rowers were soooo good you would swear they were running autos,, except a million times better sound!!!:cool:!!

Just LOVE that gear slapping ,high reving,,wheel jerking racing!!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK,,, so here are some more!!

388325493.jpg

One of these days I'll get a REAL video camera but for now here are a couple videos off my little shaky still camera!!!

Enjoy!!
The line up,,,,

"Mill`s ChevyII" Verses "Code Red"

Denny Ford verse ??? HELP ME !! I forgot whos car that was,,, I'll edit the video so he get his due!! One fast car and it is FAST!!! (my apologies)

Phantom 409!!!!

And,,,,,, The Wully Bully Team,,, SIDE BY SIDE!!!!!

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
DQ

Great job on the video, I was worried about you being that close to the track.

Thanks for taking them and I'm glad I had the chance to meet you.

Bill