348 32 coupe

neilswheels

Well Known Member
Just thought i'd post a few pics of my friends just finished 348 powered 3 window. I'm not usually into 'rat rods', but this car rocks!
Paulscoupe.jpg

paulscpeint.jpg

paulscpe348.jpg

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice! Very, very, nice! An all steel 32 Deuce Coupe. Wow! Gotta love em'.
Looks like a 5 window, from what I can tell. I'd love to have that!
Very valuable car! :clap

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wheels,
Am I correct to assume this car is in the UK? A rare find in the USA, I can't imagine what he went througt to gather up the parts to build it in Jolly Ole England.:bow :bow :clap
Are the front brakes real drum, or hidden disk?

Robert

neilswheels

Well Known Member
I can find out what the fuel block is if your interested.

The car is in the U.K, it was imported as a rod, but has been reworked a fair bit since it arrived 2 years ago. I had a mustang front clip, sat alot higher, and loads of other stuff. The chassis is fully detailed, and has been built to run with or without fenders/hood.

It sure is a nice car, plenty of inspiration for my 40 ford 348 project.

Thirdyfivepickup

Supporting Member 1
Just thought i'd post a few pics of my friends just finished 348 powered 3 window. I'm not usually into 'rat rods', but this car rocks!

Just because it isn't painted, doesn't mean it's a rat rod. If you called that a rat rod to his face, chances are he'd take offense. I look at the term rat rod in a very negative light. To me a rat rod is hacked together for shock value with no sense of style or function. This car appears to be very well built and probably in the process of being finished.

Maybe it's just unfinished...

(and really, really cool)

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Neil how is it going across the pond? While in Ca. took a few pics at a local car show. Thought you might like to see another attempt at a rat rod that had been converted to right hand drive. Maybe you ought to buy this one......it is all set up for driving over there!:brow :) :) :roll :roll The coupe looks great be it a rat or not doesn't matter to this old guy. Super job, he should be real happy with it. Talk to you soon. Walt

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The car is in the U.K, it was imported as a rod, but has been reworked a fair bit since it arrived 2 years ago. I had a mustang front clip, sat alot higher, and loads of other stuff. The chassis is fully detailed, and has been built to run with or without fenders/hood. QUOTE]

Any chance Reids Rod Parts UK (John Reid) had a part in this Deuce? :dunno

Definatly a first class Coupe. Ask him if he wants to store it in nice dry California, I am sure I could find a good place to store it.:roll :roll :roll :bow

Robert

NITROFC

Well Known Member
REAL NICE .. 3W !!!

Welcome to the 32 FORD ..W / MOTOR CLUB ..... Here is mine / Real Steel

163.jpg

Roscoe

Supporting Member 2
There seems to be a bit of a trend here...

Attachments

• 30 Ford.RJ.3.4.07.f.jpg.jpg
    30 Ford.RJ.3.4.07.f.jpg.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 95

Roscoe

Supporting Member 2
Thanks!
I appreciate that.

Time and Money... and a W-MOTAAAAAR for the heart!

Roscoe

Supporting Member 2
Yep... headed to P-Town. Actually, we drove it down to Paso (West Coast Kustoms Show/Cruise) and it ran really hot.
From reading all the past posts (Thanks Jim SS409, DQ 409, fatride, Nuts, and others) it's eigher a center carb jet issue or a timing issue. I would wager both, but especially timing. I had the vintage Mallory ignition fitted with a Petronix Unit, but I don't think the base timing is correct, blah, blah, blah.
Are you headed out from the east coast?
Ross

Attachments

• 30 Ford.Paso.Gabe.07.jpg
    30 Ford.Paso.Gabe.07.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 75

neilswheels

Well Known Member
that is a very nice ride, colour use of chrome, sweet.

I don't want to get into the 'rat rod' thing, but alot of people see a rusty car and call it a rat rod, hey, what can I say, thats the way it is. I don't like the term for the same reasons as yourself, itt also portrays those images to me. As for my buddy, he loves his car, so he's happy whatever.
John may have supplied some parts, I'm not sure, but it's all owner built, or rather rebuilt.

Good to hear from you Walt, was CA good? Did you get to many shows? How's your ride comming on now you have all this free time??? I'm still trying to sell my 40 so I can start my other 40. It seems to be very hard to get a buyer, I don't understand it? Oh well, two's better than one so they say, just need a much bigger garage and to live till i'm 150, that should give me enough time to finish them all!

Roscoe

Supporting Member 2
Right on, 'Neilswheels', I too really like your friends 'unpainted' 32'. It has the look. Something about an unpainted or 'worn original paint' on a car that makes it the real deal... especially with a 348/409!

MileHiSS, the pipes were custom fabbed by California Hot Rods. Nice work.

Regards,
Ross

Attachments

• 30Ford.1.7.06.p.jpg
    30Ford.1.7.06.p.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 66