348-409.com stickers on new car

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jim Kwi sent me some stickers a while back. they are on the vent windows. i finally believe my old mavica is junk. these are the best pics i could get. sad huh?
my friend Chuck at Spectrum Screenprinting has been coming over every weekend and lettering the car. here's the almost finished project. i promise i'll get some better pics when i can.

i borrowed some of the theme from all the different white 63's that used to rule the tracks. more when i am done.

Attachments

• MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 151
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 133

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sure does look good Bob, you really know how to build a hotrod. And you drag guys don't have to re-letter your cars twice a year like us roundy round guys do. If you drive it out to California please let me know in advance so I make plans to watch you race.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Outstanding car !!!

Now,, what is that hood scoop and where can I get one???

The mail box is full !!:roll

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car looks very impressive Bob, :bow even more so blasting down the 1/4 I bet :beerbang

I don't have any stickers at all on my car except for the rego, I would be very proud to display a 348 - 409.com one though. ;)
Carl.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nice look!

Bob, the car and the lettering look fantastic! It's gotta make you feel like you are back in the day, eh?

I hope to see it in person sometime :).

Cheers!
TomK

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Awesome!!

Bob, the car looks great! First time I really regreted selling my white 63.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanks guys, this has been my dream since 63 when i was 5.
the car was built with copying the Sox&Martin "friendly chevy" in mind. but after Ronnies passing then that horrible metal die-cast, i decided to just go with something original, but follow the basic theme they all seemed to have then. next time out will be Beaver Springs for the "York US30" reunion drags.

most of the decals are originals that i have been saving for more than 30 years. my favorite is the Isky "polydyne parrott" those are 1965.
the "jenkins competition" i got from Bill in the 70's
the "champions" are copies made by Chuck from the originals i have from 1966.

i have been planning this project for a long time. thanx again. see u at the races

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 87
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 91
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 96
  • MVC-004F%.jpg
    MVC-004F%.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 79
  • MVC-006F%.jpg
    MVC-006F%.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 82

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Bob, you have turned back the hands of time. I saw those pictures and turned 18. If that's not back in the day nothing is. A great tribute and fantastic car. Hope to see that beast run some day.
Best of luck, Mr. Walker

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob,I must have looked at your build pictures 30 times.It looked really mean then,now it just looks plain AWESOME!!!! YOU DID GOOD GUY!!!! It was really worth waiting for that dream to become a reality!!!! Nice Job!!!! John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
GREAT job Bob!!! Looks like I just opened my May 1963 issue of Hot Rod magazine!!!!

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Bob, the car looks AWESOME!! We'll have to try and find each other at Beaver Springs, we'll be there also. I'll be the one near the Yellow car. :)