348 & 409 complete bolt set?

Southeast Chevy Parts

Does anyone know where I could get a complete bolt set for a 348 or 409 engine( oil pan, timing cover, exhaust manifold, intake, water pump, etc.)? Even if a company sells part of them ... where could I get them? Thanks

Southeast Chevy Parts

I think they only have a set in stainless steel, which may be my only option. If I couldn't find a place I thought about putting one together. Would anyone have specs on the bolts needed to do this? Ideally I would love to see if Auveco makes the bolts.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Figure out all the hardware you need and order ARP from Summit. Buy high quality hardware for sure

Southeast Chevy Parts

I doubt there's a huge market for this, but what do I know.

Our mechanic and tech guy keeps getting calls about this and we don't know of anyone (except ShowCars' stainless set) making a kit. We thought we'd look into it and see if there was anyone creating this or not. If not, we might try to tackle it.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The older Parts Catalogs from the period has most of the bolt dimensions listed by part number. I haven't bothered to research and summarize the info yet, but maybe I will.
Or just look it up, if you are in a hurry.

Southeast Chevy Parts

The older Parts Catalogs from the period has most of the bolt dimensions listed by part number. I haven't bothered to research and summarize the info yet, but maybe I will.
Or just look it up, if you are in a hurry.
Cecil,
I'm not in a hurry. I can do the research if you just point me in the direction of where to procure an older parts catalog. Thanks

RCampbell

Well Known Member
I've got motors...but have a shortage of bolts....might be a worthwhle project....surely there a others out there in my position.

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Last weekend. Made 3 passes...two during test and tune and one qualifying. Tony drove the first two....stood it on the back bumper. The shoot out was completely rained out and canceled. Russ