348/409 motor guru

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I'm looking for a local W motor guru in the PNW (Wa state) preferably on the west side of the state.

Anyone know of one? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It will certainly be a hard decision to make Randy. My motor has been built up some what so it's sort of in the middle of them.
If you don't run a cross breed mutt then you are on the wrong site. AACA will count your points on a different web page. :D I always point out to people I do have a 409 in my wagon.......it just has a 348 short block squeezed inside. :laugh2

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I might have asked the question wrong. Maybe I should have asked for a good local reputable shop that knows about W motors and have worked on them via ole school.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The engine stand is on an angle , nose up , making the front carb appear higher than the rear. I can assure you that they are even in height although they are angled forward.
I have been told that the intake manifold was installed backward judging on the photo above.
I built this engine for Bob Wall back east threw Mr. Jack Gibbs here on the left coast. We are vary exited to see how she runs this week. I will post the numbers or I am sure Jack will when we get her on the pump.

http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/540ci-w-motor.26173/

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Who did the 2 Jim’s use, someone in Ontario?

Allyn Armstrong is in NS and one the the best engine builders in Canada. He did the work on Tim’s 348 and big blocks.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
If you don't run a cross breed mutt then you are on the wrong site. AACA will count your points on a different web page. :D I always point out to people I do have a 409 in my wagon.......it just has a 348 short block squeezed inside. :laugh2

Hey now. I’m also AACA and occasionally will point judge at a regional show but not a National show. I can’t speak for all judges but if point judging your car I would not check for a 348 vs 409 in your car. I’ll give you a courtesy check if I’m ever where your “hybrid “ is:brow
Meanwhile for your reading pleasure here is our latest 132 page judging guidelines!:gamer

https://www.aaca.org/images/judge/2020_Judging_Guidelines.pdf

Robert

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey now. I’m also AACA and occasionally will point judge at a regional show but not a National show. I can’t speak for all judges but if point judging your car I would not check for a 348 vs 409 in your car. I’ll give you a courtesy check if I’m ever where your “hybrid “ is:brow
Meanwhile for your reading pleasure here is our latest 132 page judging guidelines!:gamer

https://www.aaca.org/images/judge/2020_Judging_Guidelines.pdf

Robert
I knew I could flush at least one AACA judge out. ;) We have several that sit on the board for the DesMoines Concours. We have had a bunch of positions change this year and I am heading up the Muscle car class. Should be fun as always!