348/409 Nationals at Summit Motorsport Parks Blue Suede Cruise July 29-31st Is Officially A Go!!!!!!

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
This is a little overdue ( I've been under the weather and still working on getting my trucking business up and running) and will probably get cluttered but hopefully not as bad as my speech before the dinner.A big thanks to all of our sponsors Anything On Wheels Customs, Mcquillen Racing Engines, Lamar Walden Automotive, Stark's Sanitary Service, Murphy's Motor Service, Dennis Jackson with 409maddening, National Impala Association, American Crematory and of course Fugate Freight lol:clap. Thanks to Loreen and the girls that always keep us fed with some great food, Ricky filling in as my assistant was a great help, Scott for lending me Lonnies legendary 348, a few others that offered up engines as well I can't even put into words what that means to me, Mark Steele for putting the shirts together ( we will need someone to step in next year to do shirts if anyone is interested),Kristy for putting up with me and never knowing where I'm at, Dennis Jackson for embarrassing me by talking me into driving his car down the track( I was scared to death to hurt it), I'm sure I'm missing something or someone and I apologize if I am just call me out on it. I'm just really proud to be a part of this group and able to bring us all together. Everyone of you mean a lot to me, I'm just glad I had sunglasses on or you guys would of saw my soft side when Coots presented the plaque and donations to me from all of you that one blindsided me can't thank you enough, I'm just glad to get us all together. Congratulations to Carl Bucks , Steve Moyer and Philip Moyer for the winner and runnerup that was really cool to see and steve with a .000 rt in the quarter finals, great driving guys. Congrats to Denny on the quickest reaction time during the time trials of .013 we need to sharpen up on our skills lol. There were over 50 409s on the grounds over the weekend including show cars, I don't have an exact count but there was definitely more than 50. Me, Ray, Mills and Ricky were the leaders in the Wheelie contest until Ray Lehberger unleashed his 62 in the first round of eliminations to try and tear the bumper off. A big thanks to the track that was very easy to work with and they also let us know that we were the easiest group to work with as well. Bader has a top notch facility and knows how to run it. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, just let me know if there is. Enjoyed every minute of it, to think I was so intimidated by some of you when I first came to the track back in 2009, now I'm yelling at Carl Bucks to get his ass in the pictures lol( which was probably the most intimidating, he was a big ripped dude in 2009 can't imagine what he looked like when he was younger). I'll be meeting with Bader the end of the month to talk about next year, feel free to message me or comment hear about something you liked or didn't like. One more thing for those that left before Sundays eliminations I've got your entry fees to give back, get a hold me. Enjoy the Lonnie Steve , there's some legends on there. We’re keeping these old dinosaurs alive!

Last edited:

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Well said Bryan. Yes, the Lonnie has a special place in our living room right now. I am glad Dave Coots had the idea for the presentation. Many of us know how much time you put in for our group!
Only request for next year is more than 2 time runs on Friday and Saturday! Also, thank them for the great track prep on Sunday. Several times when I went to the lanes, I walked out to check the starting line. There were multiple bald spots each time, but the track crew prepped it properly before we ran each time and got good rubber down for us. I was very surprised and impressed by it, and I made sure to thank them before we left. I think its important Mr. Bader knows as well.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks Bryan for pitting on a great event. I hadn't been to one of the big events in years. It was great seeing everyone & meeting some new people. Don't know if I will be able to do it again next year. It was over 3500 miles round trip & driving/towing that distance(with crazy construction) was exhausting. Left my car at Coot's & will return for the Iowa event. Hopefully that will be as well organized as this one was. Thanks again, it was fun.

Joel

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Brian, You have become the moving force in getting these guys, gals and their cars together and you did a fantastic job getting sponsors and bringing this event to fruition. Loreen and the young ladies who spent their weekend feeding and tolerating all of us are just the best! To Rick and Scott thanks for everything you did over the weekend!
I had never been to Norwalk. If there is a blue print for how to build, manage and operate a drag race facility the Bader family certainly drew that up and patented it! What a beautiful facility! I talked cousin Jim in to coming along with me. Before the weekend was over I was making plans for being there next year (Good Lord willing!). Hopefully not as a spectator but with a car!
Thanks for all you did my friend!!!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wish I could have made that but I just have a hard time making that drive anymore. I just found out my #2 son Chase was there with Dave Kendig and the Bitchin Rides film crew. He works as sound man for the show.
Cecil for next year there's an airport right next to the track at the big end. :D When the very fast cars run the track has to notify the airport tower...