348/409 West Coast Event

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
There will be a West Coast Event again this year. It will be at Pacific Raceway again in Kent. WA. The dates are May 19 - 21 2023. I don't have all the information yet , will post it as soon as I receive it. It should be very similar to last year with the cost, etc. Will try to insert the poster(won't let me do it wrong extension). I don't believe I will be able to attend because I will be undergoing major back surgery in mid March. Have been putting this off too long & my current mobility is very limited. This should fix the problem. Was hoping to go because I need to defend my title from last year. Maybe I will be there but think it is too close to the surgery date for me to travel. I will keep you updated & let's try to get some more participation this year. Thanks.

Joel

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Joel for the update, I too had a back surgery, way back in 1988, and have really well since. Wish you the best. Im looking forward to going again this year to
the Event, hoping I can learn the "tree" and with my new additions to the engine, hope to get a run down the strip that I can finally be 409 proud of. Hope to see you there, but if not, think "positive", we'll be thinking of you.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Great. Anyone interested in attending let me know & I will start a list to furnish to Pacific Raceway. This is a clip from their latest news letter.

Full Blown Frenzy Lifts Lid Off Season​

Drag racing legend Jerry "The King" Ruth will preside over a variety of nostalgia drag cars and fast grudge racers will wow fans at the 2nd Annual Full Blown Frenzy presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts May 19-21.

The race will feature the Funny Cars of Shane Harter, Kim Parker, Chris Davis, and Tim Eickstadt; NW Nostalgia Tour (vintage dragsters and roadsters); Pro Mods; X-275 grudge cars; a 389/409 vintage Chevrolet class; Nostalgia Shifters; and two classes of 1978 and older ET cars. Derek Snelson’s Warhawk Jet Funny Car and a variety of nostalgia fuel and gas cackle cars will add to the excitement! In addition, Bracketstars will host a car show with 18 trophy classes and music will be provided by Soul Stripper.

Gates open on Friday at 5 p.m. with racing under the lights until 11 p.m. Racing is all day and into the night on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. and Sunday’s show begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. A three-day spectator Super Pass is $50 with two-day tickets at $40. Tickets will be available online soon at pacificraceways.com and will be sold at the gate during race weekend.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks Dean. So far that is 2, you & Stan. Can you get ahold of John & see if he plans on attending again. I will try to send out some PM's to people who are in the area & might be able to attend. Thanks.

Reactions: 327

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks Dean. That makes 3 so far. Don't have any more info at this time. I will PM some other people & see if I can get any response. Can anyone post this event on the other 348/409 web sites. I have a problem getting into them even thro I have requested membership. Thanks.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Don't have any more info yet but will contact them & see if anything else to post.
Dean: Please keep in contact with your sister & post any updates as they become available. I will be out of the loop for a few weeks.
So far we have the following participants that I am aware of:
Dean - racing
John - racing/show
Stan - racing
Kim - show?
Thank.
Joel

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There will be a West Coast Event again this year. It will be at Pacific Raceway again in Kent. WA. The dates are May 19 - 21 2023. I don't have all the information yet , will post it as soon as I receive it. It should be very similar to last year with the cost, etc. Will try to insert the poster(won't let me do it wrong extension). I don't believe I will be able to attend because I will be undergoing major back surgery in mid March. Have been putting this off too long & my current mobility is very limited. This should fix the problem. Was hoping to go because I need to defend my title from last year. Maybe I will be there but think it is too close to the surgery date for me to travel. I will keep you updated & let's try to get some more participation this year. Thanks.

Joel
Good luck with the surgery