348 engine code and date code

Hope someone out there can help me. I have decoded my engine block3732811 as a early 58,but am having trouble with the date code. I have found numbers listing it as 12767 and not to sure what that means. i see you have a page as a julian date calender,but still having problems understanding it. I presume the 127 is listed as may,but what is the 67. Any help would be apprciated.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hope someone out there can help me. I have decoded my engine block3732811 as a early 58,but am having trouble with the date code. I have found numbers listing it as 12767 and not to sure what that means. i see you have a page as a julian date calender,but still having problems understanding it. I presume the 127 is listed as may,but what is the 67. Any help would be apprciated.

I think if you take another look at your date code you will find that the # is actually 12757 which would be 12-7-57 and would be correct for your 3732811 block casting. The Julian codes were not used until 63' I believe.

348 date code

You are right. I just painted it and took a picture of it and jotted down the numbers. After i down loaded it on my file i took a closer look it is a five instead of a six. Appreciate the help.