348 headers

Farmboy25

Hi guys new to the forum.

I just purchased a tri power 348 engine that I will be installing in my 60 belair. It had a 283 with the powerglide transmision. I have the long headers that exit out towards the road then swing back in towards the frame. Didm't realy car for those on the 283. Do any of you own the Sanderson cc409 shorty headers or any issues with them clearance wise? I really dont want to do any modifications if possible. This car will be used on for street only and not for drag racing. If there are any other headers that will work as well is appreciated.

Sorry if this has been already posted. Thanks for any input.

"shorty" headers are not very effective. Proper headers are VERY effective !
I've never used them, but a number of guys here are using Doug's Tri-Y's.
I think the tubing size would be perfect, and they require no modifications to the car.

poison ivy

Well Known Member
have you considered stock 2 1/2 or even stock exhaust manifolds with 21/2 or 3 inch pipes and mufflers in a stock location...alll the way to the back. looks cool and stock.stock rocks!

Farmboy25

Do you still get a decent sound with the stock manifolds? I would love to hear the sound with stock manifold with 40 series flowmaster.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I have Flow Masters on my '57 with the "W" and stock manifolds. I think the sound is GREAT !!:love

:crazy:dance:cheers

Attachments

• PictureKodak easy share photos 963.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 963.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PictureKodak easy share photos 964.jpg
    PictureKodak easy share photos 964.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 6

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I had shorty Sandersons on my 62. Left front upper A-arm bolt needs to be trimmed shorter. Need to fab an alternator mount. Seat of the pants feel was best with the 3" pipe from the collector all the way to the muffler. I used a 3" core muffler with a 2.5" reducer on the exit to the tail pipes. I now have Doug's tri-Y and the torque feels spread over a wider band.