348 stuck..

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When my first 409, turned a bearing in the 70's, I got fed up, and I pulled it out and laid it upside down, with the lifter gallery, facing the floor. Dumped some oil on the crank and rods.:clap I then, threw a kid's plastic swimming pool over it and forgot about it:doh When I decided I wanted to use it again, in the 90's, it was so stuck, I had to drill holes, in the piston's, to get them out.:drop:confusedWith the swimming pool over it, the mice had a commune in there.:bang

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When my first 409, turned a bearing in the 70's, I got fed up, and I pulled it out and laid it upside down, with the lifter gallery, facing the floor. Dumped some oil on the crank and rods.:clap I then, threw a kid's plastic swimming pool over it and forgot about it:doh When I decided I wanted to use it again, in the 90's, it was so stuck, I had to drill holes, in the piston's, to get them out.:drop:confusedWith the swimming pool over it, the mice had a commune in there.:bang

Quite the expensive and elaborate mouse house. You are such a great guy to treat the creatures of nature with such love and kindness:D Member of PITA :poke

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave, do you have a similar barrel with acid for your victims?

Before selling the business I could have ran someone through the crushing plant. Put them in mid day and they would be in little pieces amongst several thousand tons of rock. Sell the rock to the county and they would spread the remains on the county roads.

I always gave my tire shop friend here in town a bad time about him driving around salting the roads with nails to drum up business. I mentioned for a fee he could bring the nails out, throw them in the Crusher, sell the rock to the county, and let them spread the rock and nails on the roads.

neilswheels

Well Known Member
I am glad you got that motor turning. I think that you were fighting yourself though. An extension on a flywheel turning tool on the flywheel would have given you exponentially much more leverage than turning it from the center of the crank. Like stroking and engine, you move the away from the centerline. Still, the important part is it is turning, good luck.

Thanks jeff. I see what your saying, and it makes sence, but i dont own or know where to get a flywheel turning tool over here, all good tho.